• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We're developing an app that will store sensitive HR data (ssn, pay, age, etc). We have that data stored in encrypted fields and a single profile that can view encrypted data. The problem is this: any Admin can give their admin profile the "View Encrypted Fields" permission or put themselves in the profile that already has that privilege. I'm thinking about making the app a private managed package and adding code (trigger most likely) where we can prevent Admins from elevating their permissions and can create a more sophisticated method for granting users (like new HR managers) access to sensitive / encrypted data. The rationale behind the managed package is that admins won't be able to view the trigger code and reverse-engineer the escalation process.

Anyone come across this problem before and come up with a solution?

• April 25, 2012

I'm using Eclipse to develop Apex code.  I was working on a pretty big controller directly in my production account (I know, I know...) and got a little behind on implementing the test routines.  Eventually the controller would no longer save to my server since the average test coverage dropped below 75%.  I was seeing this error in the 'Problems' window in Eclipse:

'Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 74%, at least 75% test coverage is required'  

I immediately stopped working on the controller and went back to implement test routines in this and a couple of the other controllers.  Now the controller will save but the error message persists even if I run tests from within Eclipse.  When I run tests directly in the UI I'm told the average coverage is 84%.

How can I 'clear' the error message from the Eclipse 'Problems' window? 

• October 27, 2009