• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey Guys,

Help on this would be much appreciated. At the moment we currently have Professional Edition (but looking to upgrade especially if this is possible with EE and not PE)

Anyway, so my problem is that my boss wants our Client Success Managers to log their "client catch up meetings with their notes in Salesforce as track-able,reportable activities and referencable activities under each account.

Some of the info/fields they need to capture in the "client catch up meeting activity"  include: client/account, contact, date etc. but also general comments, how things are going (terrible, bad, ok, good great) and comments about how its going. then exactly the same thing with support. Along with Helpdesk tickets - how many closed since last catch up (total and % that met SLA) and then the same fields again for current open tickets.

Now using the standard activity and customising/adding new fields in here will not work as our sales team uses these activities and it would get very cluttered. I would ideally love a new activity layout for our CSM's that is along side create new activity.

Is there a way to create a new "new task/activity" button (possibly labelled New Client Catch-up meeting" that opens up a new activity layout with all my custom fields needed for our CSM's to capture. So that once saved with all of the required information, it is saved under activity history for future reference and is also reportable.

Help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Steven

In Salesforce.com, I have created a new tab and custom object called Prospects which will include a list of potential customers that are not yet classed as opportunities (missing a few key requirements) however I want to be able to convert my new custom object (prospects) into an opportunity when those previous requirements have been met. 

This is how my boss wants it.

I want to have a convert button on the Prospect records. So that when our sales team are satisfied that those requirements have been met they can then convert the information that is captured all ready within the prospect custom object into an opportunity.

So any advice on how I create this Convert button would be much appreciated?

Thank you!

Hey Guys,

Help on this would be much appreciated. At the moment we currently have Professional Edition (but looking to upgrade especially if this is possible with EE and not PE)

Anyway, so my problem is that my boss wants our Client Success Managers to log their "client catch up meetings with their notes in Salesforce as track-able,reportable activities and referencable activities under each account.

Some of the info/fields they need to capture in the "client catch up meeting activity"  include: client/account, contact, date etc. but also general comments, how things are going (terrible, bad, ok, good great) and comments about how its going. then exactly the same thing with support. Along with Helpdesk tickets - how many closed since last catch up (total and % that met SLA) and then the same fields again for current open tickets.

Now using the standard activity and customising/adding new fields in here will not work as our sales team uses these activities and it would get very cluttered. I would ideally love a new activity layout for our CSM's that is along side create new activity.

Is there a way to create a new "new task/activity" button (possibly labelled New Client Catch-up meeting" that opens up a new activity layout with all my custom fields needed for our CSM's to capture. So that once saved with all of the required information, it is saved under activity history for future reference and is also reportable.

Help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Steven

In Salesforce.com, I have created a new tab and custom object called Prospects which will include a list of potential customers that are not yet classed as opportunities (missing a few key requirements) however I want to be able to convert my new custom object (prospects) into an opportunity when those previous requirements have been met. 

This is how my boss wants it.

I want to have a convert button on the Prospect records. So that when our sales team are satisfied that those requirements have been met they can then convert the information that is captured all ready within the prospect custom object into an opportunity.

So any advice on how I create this Convert button would be much appreciated?

Thank you!