• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello All,

I am curious as to what Programming Environment Sales Force was created in. From the discussions I reviewed in the forum I see that it uses "Oracle" database for data storage. What Programming language was used in creating the CRM itself? Was it Java?

Again, I realize there is an API out there and that Developers use APEX and SOQL. I am just asking this out of curiosity for my general knowledge of the system.

Thanks,

Pedram

Hello All,

I am fairly new to Apex and Force.com in general. I have been going through the Force.com Workbook (the one that comes with Eclipse Force IDE Help File) which has an example Adding Apex Trigger, with the following code:

trigger HandleProductPriceChange on Merchandise__c (after undelete) 
{
	// update invoice line items associated with open invoices
	List openLineItems = 
		[SELECT j.Unit_Price__c, j.Merchandise__r.Price__c
		 FROM Line_Item__c j 
		 WHERE j.Invoice_Statement__r.Status__c = 'Negotiating'  
		 AND j.Merchandise__r.id IN :Trigger.new 
	 	 FOR UPDATE]; 

for (Line_Item__c li: openLineItems)
	{
		if (li.Merchandise__r.Price__c < li.Unit_Price__c)
		{
			li.Unit_Price__c = li.Merchandise__r.Price__c;
		}
	}

update openLineItems;
}

The trigger saves and even shows up on the Web Interface under Triggers for the Merchandise Object. But when I change the price of the item, the line item never updates the amount. 

Can anyone tell me what I am missing? Everything else seems to be working like a charm.

Thanks,

Pedram

Hello All,

I am curious as to what Programming Environment Sales Force was created in. From the discussions I reviewed in the forum I see that it uses "Oracle" database for data storage. What Programming language was used in creating the CRM itself? Was it Java?

Again, I realize there is an API out there and that Developers use APEX and SOQL. I am just asking this out of curiosity for my general knowledge of the system.

Thanks,

Pedram

Hello All,

I am fairly new to Apex and Force.com in general. I have been going through the Force.com Workbook (the one that comes with Eclipse Force IDE Help File) which has an example Adding Apex Trigger, with the following code:

trigger HandleProductPriceChange on Merchandise__c (after undelete) 
{
	// update invoice line items associated with open invoices
	List openLineItems = 
		[SELECT j.Unit_Price__c, j.Merchandise__r.Price__c
		 FROM Line_Item__c j 
		 WHERE j.Invoice_Statement__r.Status__c = 'Negotiating'  
		 AND j.Merchandise__r.id IN :Trigger.new 
	 	 FOR UPDATE]; 

for (Line_Item__c li: openLineItems)
	{
		if (li.Merchandise__r.Price__c < li.Unit_Price__c)
		{
			li.Unit_Price__c = li.Merchandise__r.Price__c;
		}
	}

update openLineItems;
}

The trigger saves and even shows up on the Web Interface under Triggers for the Merchandise Object. But when I change the price of the item, the line item never updates the amount. 

Can anyone tell me what I am missing? Everything else seems to be working like a charm.

Thanks,

Pedram

I've imported a web reference into my C# project and when I try to build the app I get the following error:

The namespace 'Foo.Bar.SForceReference' already contains a definition for 'ExceptionCode'

Using the Object Browser, I can see there's are duplicates for exceptionCode, exceptionCodeField, exceptionMessage, exceptionMessageField, and PropertyChanged methods under the ApiFault class.  There are also duplicate entries in the ExceptionCode enumeration class.  Very strage...

Can anyone offer some insight into this?