• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am working on a conversion tool that will change the lookup values depending on a drop down list of the different measurement systems.

The step I am on is writing a trigger to populate a lookup field connecting the two records with cooresponding value. The workflow is when a record is created, a trigger will calculate the cnverted measure and enter a new record with the converted value and a link to the original record. I am trying to insert the value in the lookup field on the original record.

I am recieving the following error message:

Error: Compile Error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: updatedCustomer_Bulk_Density__c.add(SOBJECT:Customer_Bulk_Density__c) at line 9 column 10

Below is my code:

trigger BulkDensityLink on Customer_Bulk_Density__c (after insert, after update) {
    Map<Id, Customer_Bulk_Density__c> LookupPop = new Map<Id, Customer_Bulk_Density__c>();

List <Customer_Bulk_Density__c> updatedbulkdensity =  new List<Customer_Bulk_Density__c>();

for(Customer_Bulk_Density__c b : [select id, Converted_Record_ID__c from Customer_Bulk_Density__c
         where Converted_Record_ID__c in :LookupPop.keyset() Limit 1]) {
         b.Converted_Record_Id__c = b.id;
         updatedCustomer_Bulk_Density__c.add(b);
         }
    //update updatedCustomer_Bulk_Density__c;
}

How do I insert the desired value from one record to another record on the same object?

Thanks,

Chris

Newbie here, and was wondering if there was a way to create an area on the Account Page that would list all of the products entered in Opportunities that were closed, with quantities or prices?

It's kind of hard to go to an account and know what they've ordered in the past, without looking in each opportunity. 

Any thoughts?

• August 24, 2010

The documentation states that;

"five queued or active batch jobs are allowed for Apex."

If I'm creating a managed application as an ISV Partner for App Exchange, then can I take that the application have a maximum of 5 queued or active batch jobs for it's namespace, without impacting the customer's ability to also create up to 5 batch jobs in their own apex code? I'm assuming that this is the case from reading the "Execution Governors and Limits" documentation, though it doesn't specifically address the batch job case, so would like to double check here.

thanks!
Aiden

• August 21, 2010