• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Sorry if I am posting this in a bad area.  If this thread should have been started elsewhere, please let me know:

I have several multi-select picklist fields in a Custom Object I've created.  I now need the ability to Import information from EXCEL into this object in Salesforce, but am having some trouble with the EXCEL Formula.

For each Name, I need an output the CONCATENATEs the name of the column if there is an X in that column, seperated with semicolons.  (The Desired Output column).  I can then map that value to the associated multiselect picklist in Salesforce.

A              B           C          Desired Output

Name       X              X                           A;B

Name2     X              X            X            A;B;C

Name3     X                            X            A;C

I really do appreciate any help you can give,

Tim

• September 23, 2010

Sorry if I am posting this in a bad area.  If this thread should have been started elsewhere, please let me know:

I have several multi-select picklist fields in a Custom Object I've created.  I now need the ability to Import information from EXCEL into this object in Salesforce, but am having some trouble with the EXCEL Formula.

For each Name, I need an output the CONCATENATEs the name of the column if there is an X in that column, seperated with semicolons.  (The Desired Output column).  I can then map that value to the associated multiselect picklist in Salesforce.

A              B           C          Desired Output

Name       X              X                           A;B

Name2     X              X            X            A;B;C

Name3     X                            X            A;C

I really do appreciate any help you can give,

Tim

• September 23, 2010

How do I view the log of field changes when using Track Field History.

I have turned on Track Field History on my Custom Object.  I have selected what columns/fields I woud like to track.

I looked at this thread http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/How-to-Find-History-Tracking-or-Audit-Log/td-p/132600  on  how to add a related list to a page layout to view the history..  However when I go to edit my page layout there is not related list of field history?

Is the only way I can view field history by creating a report? I was really hoping this information would be available from the built in page layout that VF provides.  Or is this just a bug in Spring 10  that History tracking is not showing in the page layout.

• April 29, 2010
Is there a way to import excel data into a multi-select Picklist?

I need to a) have several values in my excel field which will map to different existing options on the Picklist, and b) not overwrite any existing selections in the Picklist if I am updating a pre-existing Contact.

At the moment it just imports whatever I have into the excel field as a new option on the picklist, overwriting whatever was previously selected.
Hello,

--->(1) this is the situation:
* picklist multi-select with pick items x,y,z
* 5 selection possibilities: x,y,z,xy,xz,yz
* Lets say I have 4 records (i.e. 4 leads) with the following selections: x, xy, xz, xyz

--->(2) report: if I do a summary report on on this specific picklist multi-select I get the following record counts:
x = 1
xy = 1
xz = 1
xyz = 1

--->(3) Question: how do I get a report which counts the number for each single pick-item of a pick list "multi-select" and not the combination of pick items .... ? The 4 records mentioned above should be reported as:

x = 4
y = 2
z = 2

---> Thank you for your advice !

Reto