• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm able to connect to the API using OAuth, however I need to be able to pass the information in CallOptions ('client' specifically) that I normally would pass in to the API for the login procedure. I can't seem to find any information documenting how to pass this parameter.

It works fine in enterprise without it but professional fails to connect with a 'LOGIN_OAUTH_API_DISABLED' error. I can't find any documentation for that either.

Does anyone know how to do this?

• November 16, 2010

I've encountering a 500 error when performing an ajax request to a method in my controller object via javascript and a call to an actionFunction.

Nothing appears in the system log even when I have a call to System.debug in both the constructor and the method being called. Is there a place such errors go, or is there perhaps a better way to determine what is happening?

• October 04, 2010

While working on an application with OAuth recently, I was having the hardest time determining why I couldn't add my Remote Access Application to my package.

The problem is that you can add a Remote Access Application to Managed packages only.

You also don't add it through the normal "Create->Packages->PackageName->Add Components" like you would do with other items. Remote access applications must be added to the package when it is first created, and this option only appears when the package is marked as managed. You cannot add an existing Remote Access Application to a package. 

From the tooltip on the Add Remote Access page:

"A remote access application is only removed from a package when you delete it from your organization. Also, if you create a remote access application and choose not to include it in a package, you can never add it later."

Hopefully this will save someone a little trouble.

• September 29, 2010

So i have been using the system log window, to directly execute Apex code for maintence, for instance:

- clearing out a large number of leads older that 2 years.

- poping open and saving a large number of leads to fire a trigger.

Has anyone else used this window in a similiar fasion ?  is this a really bad practice  (besides the obvious possibilty of deleting stuff that you didnt mean to) ? it seems like such a valuable resource, a console for executing scrpts, but i can't help but think i shouldnt be in there doing that, or theres another way to perform such maintenance. The scariest part is that every user has access to that window, so anyone could potentially go in and delete all the leads or opportunities, or even wipe out the whole Db if they knew a little code ! is there a way to disable this window for all users except the admins ? 

I'm able to connect to the API using OAuth, however I need to be able to pass the information in CallOptions ('client' specifically) that I normally would pass in to the API for the login procedure. I can't seem to find any information documenting how to pass this parameter.

It works fine in enterprise without it but professional fails to connect with a 'LOGIN_OAUTH_API_DISABLED' error. I can't find any documentation for that either.

Does anyone know how to do this?

• November 16, 2010

I've encountering a 500 error when performing an ajax request to a method in my controller object via javascript and a call to an actionFunction.

Nothing appears in the system log even when I have a call to System.debug in both the constructor and the method being called. Is there a place such errors go, or is there perhaps a better way to determine what is happening?

• October 04, 2010