• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Global search is not returning records that are saved few mins back. Anyone have idea on this...

The User who created the record is able to see but other Users are not able to.

• June 14, 2012

I have 2 record types which i have set to different profiles.

A  restricted user creates a record and saves it. When a super user logs in he should be able to see the new created record with the record types assigned to super user and not that or restricted user.

Restricted user has a picklist with 3 values Super user has the same picklist with 6 values.

is it possible when the super user open the record to view craeted by restricted user he be able to see all the picklist values.

• May 17, 2012

When performing a complete sandbox refresh, will all the data be copied from Production instance.

For example, if i have static resources, custom setting values, custom labels will all these values be copied from production to dev sandbox.

• May 14, 2012

I have a trigger on after insert and after update

within the code i have a class that limits the trigger from firing once as i have a workflow field update

In my test class i have inserted a new record and then later i am updating it. its not covering the update part of it.

Can anyone tell me what i am missing in the code.

• May 07, 2012

I have an object with a Phase field(picklist), i need to find the time period the record was in one phase.

if the same phase is selected again i need the time to be added. need to display this in dashboard.

I have workflow field updates on this object, i am trying to write a trigger to insert/update records into another object with the phase change details.

I have written the trigger on After update .... but it is firing when i insert a new record into the object.... as i have field updates

the error i get is

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)
There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Apex trigger TempTrigger caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: TempTrigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Argument 1 cannot be null: External entry point".

Can anyone suggest me how to solve this.

• April 26, 2012

I would like to store more than 5 MB files in salesforce, CRM content lets us save documents/files upto 38MB using the API.

i found this link http://developer.force.com/cookbook/recipe/publishing-documents-into-a-salesforce-crm-content-public-workspace-and-setting-tags

i am new to this can anyone let me know how i could go ahead with this.

• September 21, 2011

I want to display data from related records of case, i have written a subquery to retreive all the related child records of the case. In my visual force page i want to be able to display a list of these related records. how can i access these individual records from my nested subquery.

my controller class:

public class relatedRecords{

constructor{}

preview(){

caseList;

dependent(caseList);

}

public void Dependent(List<Case> c){        c = [Select Id, CaseNumber,

(Select id, name from caseNotes__r),                               

(Select id, name from components__r),                               

(Select id, name from prods__r),                               

(Select id, name from org__r),                                

from Case where id in :c];         

system.debug('Size of Cases '+c.size());    }

}

Visual force page:

<apex:page standardController="case" extensions="relatedRecords" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" id="thepage">    <apex:form id="theform">       

<apex:commandButton action="{!preview}" value="Preview"/>      

<p> <apex:repeat value="{!CaseList}" var="Cas">               

<li> Case : {!Cas.CaseNumber} </li> 

<p>                  

<apex:repeat value="{!Cas.caseNotes__r}" var="cn">        

<li> caseNotes : {!cn.Name}</li>                                      

</apex:repeat>   </p>                        

</apex:repeat>       </p>    </apex:form></apex:page>

Error : System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Case.caseNotes__r

Is there a way to display the related records in visual force page from a subquery .

• August 15, 2011

Hi,

I have a visualforce page with an extension and the New button on a custom object is overridden with this visualforce page. I have a method in the extension controller that is invoked onchange of a date field and does some validation and disables certain fields on the page. The issue I have is that when I create a new record and change the date, the controller method does not get invoked. The same piece of code works fine when I edit a record.

Is there something am missing, please help.

VF Page

<apex:inputField value="{!location__c.Start_Date__c}" onchange="processStartDt();"/>
<apex:actionFunction action="{!methodOne}" name="processStartDt" rerender="DeliverySection"/>
Extension:
public with sharing class extLOC {
    private final location__c L;

public extLOC(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.L = (location__c)stdController.getRecord();
    }
     public void methodOne(){
        integer month = L.Start_Date__c.Month();
        if(month == 12){
            system.debug(month); // I am not seeing this debug statement
 }
 }
}

• December 13, 2010

Hi

i have a visual force page when a particular value in a lookup is selected want to display another field on the page

how can i do that?

Thanks

Skdev

• November 09, 2010

Hi,

I had an interview for a Salesforce developer position and one of the interview questions that surprised me was what is a standardset and standardlist controller and when do you use them. I am aware of standard and custom controllers but what does this set and list controller mean? Can you please help me understand what these mean and in which use case will you use it?

Thanks

SK

• October 05, 2010

I have 2 record types which i have set to different profiles.

A  restricted user creates a record and saves it. When a super user logs in he should be able to see the new created record with the record types assigned to super user and not that or restricted user.

Restricted user has a picklist with 3 values Super user has the same picklist with 6 values.

is it possible when the super user open the record to view craeted by restricted user he be able to see all the picklist values.

• May 17, 2012

When performing a complete sandbox refresh, will all the data be copied from Production instance.

For example, if i have static resources, custom setting values, custom labels will all these values be copied from production to dev sandbox.

• May 14, 2012

I have a trigger on after insert and after update

within the code i have a class that limits the trigger from firing once as i have a workflow field update

In my test class i have inserted a new record and then later i am updating it. its not covering the update part of it.

Can anyone tell me what i am missing in the code.

• May 07, 2012

I would like to store more than 5 MB files in salesforce, CRM content lets us save documents/files upto 38MB using the API.

i found this link http://developer.force.com/cookbook/recipe/publishing-documents-into-a-salesforce-crm-content-public-workspace-and-setting-tags

i am new to this can anyone let me know how i could go ahead with this.

• September 21, 2011

I want to display data from related records of case, i have written a subquery to retreive all the related child records of the case. In my visual force page i want to be able to display a list of these related records. how can i access these individual records from my nested subquery.

my controller class:

public class relatedRecords{

constructor{}

preview(){

caseList;

dependent(caseList);

}

public void Dependent(List<Case> c){        c = [Select Id, CaseNumber,

(Select id, name from caseNotes__r),                               

(Select id, name from components__r),                               

(Select id, name from prods__r),                               

(Select id, name from org__r),                                

from Case where id in :c];         

system.debug('Size of Cases '+c.size());    }

}

Visual force page:

<apex:page standardController="case" extensions="relatedRecords" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" id="thepage">    <apex:form id="theform">       

<apex:commandButton action="{!preview}" value="Preview"/>      

<p> <apex:repeat value="{!CaseList}" var="Cas">               

<li> Case : {!Cas.CaseNumber} </li> 

<p>                  

<apex:repeat value="{!Cas.caseNotes__r}" var="cn">        

<li> caseNotes : {!cn.Name}</li>                                      

</apex:repeat>   </p>                        

</apex:repeat>       </p>    </apex:form></apex:page>

Error : System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Case.caseNotes__r

Is there a way to display the related records in visual force page from a subquery .

• August 15, 2011

Hi

i have a visual force page when a particular value in a lookup is selected want to display another field on the page

how can i do that?

Thanks

Skdev

• November 09, 2010