• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a VF page that runs in an iFrame, it basically sits on top of the current page and allows the user to drill down to a specific product via a series of select lists.  The code is pretty straightforward:

<apex:form id="addproductform">
        <apex:pageblock >
            <apex:messages styleClass="pbError"/>
            <apex:pageblockbuttons location="bottom">
                <apex:commandbutton value="Save" action="{!Save}" />
                <apex:commandbutton value="Cancel" action="{!Cancel}" />
            </apex:pageblockbuttons>
            <apex:panelgrid columns="6">
                <apex:outputlabel value="Operating Company"/>
                <apex:outputlabel value="Division"/>
                <apex:outputlabel value="Segment"/>
                <apex:outputlabel value="Job Code"/>
                <apex:outputlabel value="Competency"/>
                <apex:outputlabel value="Skill"/>
                <apex:selectList id="OpCo_field" value="{!OpCo}" size="1" style="font-size:8pt;width:150px;">
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!OpCompaniesList}" />
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!ChangeOpCo}" rerender="addproductform" />
                </apex:selectList>
                <apex:selectList id="Division_field" value="{!Division}" disabled="{! If(OpCo='',true,false)}" size="1" style="font-size:8pt;width:150px;">
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!DivisionsList}" />
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!ChangeDiv}" rerender="addproductform" />
                <apex:selectList id="Segment_field" value="{!Segment}" disabled="{! If(Division='',true,false)}" size="1" style="font-size:8pt;width:150px;">
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!SegmentsList}" />
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!ChangeSegment}" rerender="addproductform" />
                <apex:selectList id="JobCode_field" value="{!JobCode}" disabled="{! If(Segment='',true,false)}" size="1" style="font-size:8pt;width:150px;">
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!JobCodesList}" />
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!ChangeJobCode}" rerender="addproductform" />
                <apex:selectList id="Competency_field" value="{!Competency}" disabled="{! If(JobCode='',true,false)}" size="1" style="font-size:8pt;width:150px;">
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!CompetenciesList}" />
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!ChangeCompetency}" rerender="addproductform" />
                <apex:selectList id="Skill_field" value="{!Skill}" disabled="{! If(Competency='',true,false)}" size="1" style="font-size:8pt;width:150px;">
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!SkillsList}" />
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!ChangeSkill}" rerender="addproductform" />
            </apex:panelgrid>
        </apex:pageblock>
    </apex:form>

It works like a champ in Firefox.  But when I load it in Internet Explorer, I don't get any options after the first list, and an error flag appears in the status bar.  The error IE is throwing is as follows:

Line: 123
Char: 58
Code: 0
URI: https://c.cs4.visual.force.com/faces/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.AjaxScript

Looking at the script, the code in question that's throwing the error appears to be this:

oldnode.outerHTML=new XMLSerializer().serializeToString(newnode);

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?  My customer needs a demo by Wednesday, and it's a little late to go back to the drawing board.

I just upgraded Eclipse to 3.6 from 3.4, and now I can no longer use the Force.com HTML-Based editor to change pages.  I can open them in it, everything highlights like it always does, but it just acts like the keyboard isn't there.  I can't even use the mouse to cut and paste.

I can right-click on the file and use a text or apex editor to change it, but none of the HTML editors will work. 

Has anyone encountered this?

I am having a bit of a time prepopulating a field from my account screen to the exact field in my contract screen. When the information is entered in the account screen I want it to autofill in my contract screen. The code I am using is this:

<code>

accounts.provider_id_number = contracts.provider_id_number

</code>

Can anyone direct me on what I am doing wrong?

Hi,

I have the following setup. Two fields fildA and feildB on a salesforce custom object page.

I need to be able to do the following:

If user selects or enters any value in feildA then fieldB should get the same value momentarly.

I think some javascipt/ajax majic, but I don't have a design or plan so far.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

• March 15, 2011