• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I know there is are issues surrounding the use of Eclipse and the Force.com IDE on Windows 7 64-bit.  Here's what I've done and what I'm experiencing.

1. Uuninstalled the 64-bit JRE and installed the 32-bit version from the Sun website.

2. Installed Ganymede version of Eclipse from the Eclipse.org website

3. Followed the wiki instructions for installing the force.com IDE through the Eclipse software updates path.

Everything seems to install just fine.  I am able to create a Force.com project and download Apex components from my org and edit some of my triggers.

Then the trouble begins.  I close Eclipse and restart.  It is as if I never installed the Force.com IDE.  It does not show up in Perspectives or in New Project -> Other.  When I go to Help->Software Updates, Force.com IDE does show up as installed software.

Anyone have any suggestions to make this work on the 64-bit Windows 7 environment? 

I am considering "buying" a new laptop to complete my project.  Fortunately I have a Windows 7 upgrade license available.  I'm hoping to reinstall Windows 7 32-bit on this new machine over the 64-bit version (which is all that seems to come preloaded on anything anymore).  Does anyone have any experience with this configuration?

Thanks.