• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a custom object objectA

I added a custom button to objectA, the button is linked to a VF page.

Now I need to populate some fields specific to objectA in the opened VF page and let the user fill in rest of the values.

Can some one please suggest a way to achieve this?

Thank you.

I have objectC which has multiple record types.

objectA has a picklist that specifies a subset of record types of objectC.

objectB has a lookup relationship to objectA

objectC has a lookup relatonship to objectB

So when I am creating an record of type objectC from a related list in objectB, i want to restrict to the record types to the ones listed in the picklist in objectA.

Can some one please suggest how to achieve this?

Thank you.

There are multiple instances of  "objchild" object.

When I create objectA I need to have multiple "objChild" objects added to it.

There is objectB which has a lookup relationship to objectA.

Now when I am creating objectB I need to have a picklist which has the same "objChild" values as objectA, so that I can associate the "objchild" instances to objectB.

Can some one please suggest a solution to implementing the above problem?

Thank you

My requirement:

I have two drop downs in My screen

The first drop down should list only certain custom objects. (I dont want all of the custom objects available in the org to be listed here)

The second drop down is dependant on the first one, where I want to populate the record types into the second one based on which object was selected.

So If the first list had three options

Vehicle

Animal

Chemical

And I select Vehicle from first drop down, then second drop down should have all the record types of Vehicle and so on.

My questions:

a) is it possible to place all these specific custom objects that i need to populate into the first drop down in a global area that an admin can edit? Then I want to be able to query this into the drop down.

b) Any pointers to the overall solution to implementing the dependent drop down based on the scenario I described.

I need to create a dropdown which should get its values from a query. I need this dropdown to be visible in the edit page of my custom object so user can select the values. How can I do this?

a) There is an Object  "CarTestDrive"

b) There is an Object  "Car" (Diff record types like Porsche/Ford/GM/Toyota)

c) There is an Object "TestDriver"

Both 'Car' and 'TestDriver' have a lookup relationship to "CarTestDrive"

Car has a field called "Number of Times", which means the number of times the 'testDriver' has to test drive.

Now when i am creating a Car object of record type say 'Porsche',  I also need to associate a 'TestDriver' to the ''Car' object.

At the click of save button from the Car edit page, I will probably fire a trigger to auto create as many instances specified by the 'Number Of Times' field in 'TestDriver' and associate them to the 'TestDriver' object.

*******Query**********

After the creation process I want to display them as part of a related list in 'TestDriver' detail page. Where the related list should show all the added 'Car' instances and show a couple of columns from the car instance in the related list.

I am relatively new to the developer apps on the platform, i went through the documentation and found that controller extension is one of the ways to solve the above problem, but i was not so sure.

Can some one please suggest the most efficient way to go about implementing this?

Thank you.

My requirement is

1) I have a custom Object "objectA"

2) I have also created different custom objects types "CustomCar", "CustomBus", "CustomTruck" and there could be more like these. 

3) Is there a way to create a picklist or something similar in objectA that has all these object types populated from step 2, so that when i am creating an object of type objectA i can select these object types and save? 

I have a custom object objectA

I added a custom button to objectA, the button is linked to a VF page.

Now I need to populate some fields specific to objectA in the opened VF page and let the user fill in rest of the values.

Can some one please suggest a way to achieve this?

Thank you.

My requirement:

I have two drop downs in My screen

The first drop down should list only certain custom objects. (I dont want all of the custom objects available in the org to be listed here)

The second drop down is dependant on the first one, where I want to populate the record types into the second one based on which object was selected.

So If the first list had three options

Vehicle

Animal

Chemical

And I select Vehicle from first drop down, then second drop down should have all the record types of Vehicle and so on.

My questions:

a) is it possible to place all these specific custom objects that i need to populate into the first drop down in a global area that an admin can edit? Then I want to be able to query this into the drop down.

b) Any pointers to the overall solution to implementing the dependent drop down based on the scenario I described.

My requirement is

1) I have a custom Object "objectA"

2) I have also created different custom objects types "CustomCar", "CustomBus", "CustomTruck" and there could be more like these. 

3) Is there a way to create a picklist or something similar in objectA that has all these object types populated from step 2, so that when i am creating an object of type objectA i can select these object types and save?