• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any sort of File Management software out there that allows users to be able to link multiple if not hundreds of files to a specific Opportunity without attaching the actual files in Salesforce?  My end users can have potentially hundreds of files associated with an Opportunity and it is much easier to store those files on-site, not to mention much cheaper.

I know that NetDocuments specializes in this sort of thing and is compatible with Salesforce.  Are there any other companies out there that do the same thing as NetDocuments that anybody would recommend? 

Any suggestions, ideas or help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Tyler 

I have a quick question.  I am trying to create a many to many relationship via a junction object for a standard object (Opportunities) and a custom object (3rd Party Contacts).  However when I create the junction, call it 3rdpartyopportunity association, and create the Master-Detail Relationships, the look-up boxes don't work properly.  I think I might have set up the junction object incorrectly.  Can anyone guide me / walk me through the process of setting up the junction properly?

What I am looking for is that basically multiple 3rd party contacts can be associated with an Opportunity and vice versa, many Opportunities can be associated with a single third party contact.  I would like for these relationships to be able to be linked. 

Thanks for your help,

Tyler

I am tyring to figure out how to create a custom filed (in the Case section) say "Latest Case Comment DateTime" using either a workflow or trigger to get this field  to populated with the creation date of the latest comment created/made.  Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Tyler

Whenever I comment on a case that I am working on it creates a new record that shows up in my cases report.  So depending on the case, it could have multiple comments and thus multiple records associated with the case.  Is there any way to filter the case comment creation date to just show the most recent comment?  I would like to run a report and see the case with just the most recent comments and not every comment the case has.

Thanks,

Tyler

Are there any apps out there that will prevent employees from entering duplicate contacts or accounts?

Does anybody know of a way to prevent users from entering duplicate contacts?

Thanks,

Tyler

Does anybody know of a way to write a formula for the following scenario:

I currently have a field labeled "Assumption".  This field is a picklist with "Yes" and "No" options.  Should I choose "Yes", I would like a new field to appear titled "Original Closed Date" so that the user can populate this field.  Should I pick "No", I would like this "Original Closed Date" field to remain hidden so that the user doesn't have to bother with data entry on this field. 

Is this possible?  Any ideas or suggestion I could get would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Tyler

I have a quick question.  I am trying to create a many to many relationship via a junction object for a standard object (Opportunities) and a custom object (3rd Party Contacts).  However when I create the junction, call it 3rdpartyopportunity association, and create the Master-Detail Relationships, the look-up boxes don't work properly.  I think I might have set up the junction object incorrectly.  Can anyone guide me / walk me through the process of setting up the junction properly?

What I am looking for is that basically multiple 3rd party contacts can be associated with an Opportunity and vice versa, many Opportunities can be associated with a single third party contact.  I would like for these relationships to be able to be linked. 

Thanks for your help,

Tyler

I am tyring to figure out how to create a custom filed (in the Case section) say "Latest Case Comment DateTime" using either a workflow or trigger to get this field  to populated with the creation date of the latest comment created/made.  Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Tyler

Whenever I comment on a case that I am working on it creates a new record that shows up in my cases report.  So depending on the case, it could have multiple comments and thus multiple records associated with the case.  Is there any way to filter the case comment creation date to just show the most recent comment?  I would like to run a report and see the case with just the most recent comments and not every comment the case has.

Thanks,

Tyler

Does anybody know of a way to prevent users from entering duplicate contacts?

Thanks,

Tyler

Does anybody know of a way to write a formula for the following scenario:

I currently have a field labeled "Assumption".  This field is a picklist with "Yes" and "No" options.  Should I choose "Yes", I would like a new field to appear titled "Original Closed Date" so that the user can populate this field.  Should I pick "No", I would like this "Original Closed Date" field to remain hidden so that the user doesn't have to bother with data entry on this field. 

Is this possible?  Any ideas or suggestion I could get would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Tyler