• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have been successfully using Axis to generation java source code from the Salesforce WSDL.  Recently Axis code generation started failing with the following error:

WSDLException (at /definitions/porttype): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered illegal extension element '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}porttype' in the context of a 'javax.wsdl.Definition'. Extension elements must be in a namespace other than WSDL's

I discovered that the Salesforce WSDL is currently using all lower case for certain elements instead of the previous camel case.  eg: Using <porttype> instead of <portType> and <complextype> instead of <complexType>.  After changing these elements back to camel case Axis was able to generated the code without errors.

Is there a better way to address this problem than searching and replacing element names in the WSDL before code generation?

• October 29, 2010

I have been successfully using Axis to generation java source code from the Salesforce WSDL.  Recently Axis code generation started failing with the following error:

WSDLException (at /definitions/porttype): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered illegal extension element '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}porttype' in the context of a 'javax.wsdl.Definition'. Extension elements must be in a namespace other than WSDL's

I discovered that the Salesforce WSDL is currently using all lower case for certain elements instead of the previous camel case.  eg: Using <porttype> instead of <portType> and <complextype> instead of <complexType>.  After changing these elements back to camel case Axis was able to generated the code without errors.

Is there a better way to address this problem than searching and replacing element names in the WSDL before code generation?

• October 29, 2010