• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have some sophisticated math in our configuration/pricing system, which includes formulas in which (arbitrary) numbers need to be raised to (arbitrary) fractional powers. For example, a^2.3879 or b^6.912358. After debugging our pages when they simply didn't work (the formulas had to be set up as Workflow field updates), I determined (and then found an online reference to) the fact that Salesforce only allows positive, integer exponents.

Is there some way around this? I cannot imagine I'm the first person to encounter this issue. Some math library I could add to the system? Or workaround? Any advice is very much appreciated.

I am attempting to validate the contents of a quote -- at the line item level -- to ensure that the sales manager has ordered a supported configuration.

For example, if quantity M of Line Item A is in the quote, then quantity N of Line Item B needs to be in the quote, added either manually or automatically (ideally). I imagine the most effective way would be some sort of workflow rule that had access to the list of line items in the quote, because this would have to be done after all of the dependent line items have been entered. Invoking with a "Validate" button would be fine. However, I have not found any method of support for accessing multiple quote line items in a formula or validation object. Is there some way to do this?

I would like to create a formula field that populates based off of another picklist option

case(Phone_Number__c, 
"800-444-4444","Marketing House Ad", 
"800-444-4445","Marketing Home Page", 
"800-444-4446","Trade Show Ad", 
"800-444-4447","Magazine Ad",...)

The phone number selected would automatically populate the program name where the lead originated.  However, there is a 5000 character limit when using a formula field, and that is not enough for the number of programs that our organization offers.  Is there a way to recreate this same functionality, but do so in a way that would allow a larger list of programs?