• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We have a custom button on Standard Account page. On click of that button we are showing user a visualforce page in a pop-up window. We have a javascript code written in that vf page which will close the popup window and refreshes the parent window. This is working fine on firefox but in IE8 instead of refreshing the parent window it is opening a new window.

function refresh(accID)
{
   var parent= window.opener;
   parent.location.href='/'+accID;
   window.close();
   return true;
}

accID-> is the accountid  selected by the user in popup window.

Any suggestions.

• September 20, 2011

Hi all,

Is it possible to populate a word template with data and then send the same document as an attachment in an email using apex?

Thanks.

• September 07, 2011

On the standarad New Account Team Members page Opportunity Access, Case Access picklist are displayed. But when we save a new team memeber the values of the Opportunity Access, Case Access are not stored in AccountTeamMember object. Can someone please help me to find out where they are stored? I am creating a Visual Force page and need to get the details of AccountTeamMember.

Thanks

oncomplete="refresh('{!$CurrentPage.parameters.id}')"

Hi,

I have a custom object on which I am included a VF page. On that VF page there a command button and on click of that button a method is invoked. In that method i am performing update operation and then redirecting user to custom object again.

Now the issue I am facing with this is: when user clicks the button the first time everything works fine the main page (custom object) refreshes properly but when user clicks the button second time instead of refreshing the entire page it just refreshes the VF page and displays the complete custom object in there.

Can someone please share their thoughts around this.

This is the code written in the method for redirecting:

PageReference result = sController.view(); (where sController is nothing but the standard controller.)

result.setRedirect(true);

Thanks

Hi All,

Is it possible to send the data (e.g. Accounts) to an external web service(written in java) in encrypted format and then decrypt the same in the external web service?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I am getting this exception while parsing an xml.

System.XmlException: Invalid XML: null

I am using XmlStreamReader for this and the major problem is this issue is not consistent.

XmlStreamReader reader = new XmlStreamReader(str); //where str is a String which contains the complete xml.

One thing i have noticed I get this exception when the xml is big.

Has anyone else faced this type of issue before.

Thanks.

System.XmlException: Invalid XML: null

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I have to hide a custom field (comments) on a custom object when an owner manually shares his record with others. Though this field will be visible when user is creating/editing a new record. Is it possible to do this without using VF or apex?

Thanks.

Hi All,

Is it possible to get the top 3 records from a custom object using a query for e.g. i have 5 records for todays date (14 Mar) and 4 records for tomorrow (15 Mar) and so on. What I need here is to get the top 3 records for each day.

Thanks

Hi All,

I am using Command Line data loader to load the data in salesforce. I have couple of queries on this:

1. Can we create multiple process-conf.xml file?

2. Can we make the process-conf.xml configurable i.e. instead of hardcoding the values in the file I pass as an argument?

for e.g. <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/> the value is 600 is hardcoded here.

Thanks.

Hi All, I have couple of queries and would really appreciate if someone can share their thoughts on them. 1. We have setup recordtype on accounts. Can we open the recordtype page on click of a custom button/link from the accounts details page? 2. Can we pre-populate the fields of a standard object e.g. user wants to create a new account and when he clicks on the New button on the Account object I would like to pre-populate some of the fields. Thanks.

Hi,

We have a custom button on Standard Account page. On click of that button we are showing user a visualforce page in a pop-up window. We have a javascript code written in that vf page which will close the popup window and refreshes the parent window. This is working fine on firefox but in IE8 instead of refreshing the parent window it is opening a new window.

function refresh(accID)
{
   var parent= window.opener;
   parent.location.href='/'+accID;
   window.close();
   return true;
}

accID-> is the accountid  selected by the user in popup window.

Any suggestions.

• September 20, 2011
Hi All, I have couple of queries and would really appreciate if someone can share their thoughts on them. 1. We have setup recordtype on accounts. Can we open the recordtype page on click of a custom button/link from the accounts details page? 2. Can we pre-populate the fields of a standard object e.g. user wants to create a new account and when he clicks on the New button on the Account object I would like to pre-populate some of the fields. Thanks.