• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

I had a strange problem and was wondering if you could share your thoughts on it.

I have users who are not able to open up files from the chatter dialy digest emails. But when they login into Salesforce, they are able to open the files without any problem. But when they click on the link itself in the chatter email, they are redirected to the login page and after they enter their credentials- they get an error message

“You are required to use a secure browser to connect to salesforce.com.
Please connect securely to salesforce.com using a browser that supports 128-bit encryption “.

Its for all the browsers and i changed the security settings & added salesforce as a trusted website but it doesnt seem to work, Am i missing something.

I was informed by Salesforce support that a fix would be out in Spring 11 release, i dnt see any mention about it in Spring 11 release notes…

Appreciate your response.

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the best way to add a field to already approved opportunites. There was a formula field which we plan to replace with a before insert,before update trigger.

The problem is that, the trigger calculates the values only on insert and update and we have opportunites which are approved and locked and we want to update them too with the new values calculated by the trigger.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

For a Managed App, I made several changes in sandbox. Is there a fast way to move these changes to production? I would not like to recreate it in production since it is quite some work.These are the things I would need to move.

Is there a way to move changed made to a managed app in a Full copy Sandbox to Production.

When i try to create a change set, it does not give me the option to select the managed app

need salesforce support in california timings

Hi,

I am trying to make a callout from APEX to an HTTP endpoint(Hoover's API)  but am receiving the following error:

500, internal server error'.

Here is my Apex class :

global public with sharing class HttpCallout_CLS {

Public static void sendRequest(){

String API_KEY = 'XXX';

String env;
    env =  '<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sch="http://applications.dnb.com/webservice/schema/">'+
             '<soapenv:Header>'+
                '<sch:API-KEY>XXX</sch:API-KEY>'+
             '</soapenv:Header>'+
             '<soapenv:Body>'+
               '<sch:FindCompanyByKeywordRequest>'+
                 '<sch:sortDirection>Ascending</sch:sortDirection>'+

'<sch:keyword>xyz</sch:keyword>'+

- Hide quoted text -

'<sch:searchBy>companyName</sch:searchBy>'+
                 '<sch:returnSearchNavigation>false</sch:returnSearchNavigation>'+
                 '<sch:orderBy xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>'+
                 '<sch:searchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:employeeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '</sch:employeeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:ownershipTypeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '</sch:ownershipTypeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:locationTypeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '</sch:locationTypeSearchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:salesSearchNavigation>'+
                   '</sch:salesSearchNavigation>'+
                   '<sch:locationSearchNavigation>'+
                     '<sch:countryNavigation>'+
                       '<sch:countryNavigationValue>${#Project#countryNavigationValue}</sch:countryNavigationValue>'+
                       '<sch:stateNavigation>'+
                        '<sch:stateNavigationValue>${#Project#stateNavigationValue}</sch:stateNavigationValue>'+
                        '<sch:cityNavigation>'+
                          '<sch:cityNavigationValue>${#Project#cityNavigationValue}</sch:cityNavigationValue>'+
                        '</sch:cityNavigation>'+
                      '</sch:stateNavigation>'+
                    '</sch:countryNavigation>'+
                  '</sch:locationSearchNavigation>'+
                  '<sch:industrySearchNavigation>'+
                  '</sch:industrySearchNavigation>'+
                '</sch:searchNavigation>'+
              '</sch:FindCompanyByKeywordRequest>'+
            '</soapenv:Body>'+
          '</soapenv:Envelope>';

Http h = new Http();
    HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
    req.setEndpoint('http://hapi.hoovers.com/HooversAPI-32');
    req.setMethod('POST');
    req.setBody(env);
    req.setTimeout(12000);

Blob headerValue = Blob.valueOf(API_KEY);

String authorizationHeader = 'BASIC ' + EncodingUtil.base64Encode(headerValue);
    req.setHeader('Authorization',authorizationHeader);

HTTPResponse res = h.send(req);
    System.debug(res.getBody());
    }
}

I tried with username and password also, even though i'm facing the same issue. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?.   Any help must be appreciated.

Thanks Inadvance,
Satheesh

Hi there,

I had a strange problem and was wondering if you could share your thoughts on it.

I have users who are not able to open up files from the chatter dialy digest emails. But when they login into Salesforce, they are able to open the files without any problem. But when they click on the link itself in the chatter email, they are redirected to the login page and after they enter their credentials- they get an error message

“You are required to use a secure browser to connect to salesforce.com.
Please connect securely to salesforce.com using a browser that supports 128-bit encryption “.

Its for all the browsers and i changed the security settings & added salesforce as a trusted website but it doesnt seem to work, Am i missing something.

I was informed by Salesforce support that a fix would be out in Spring 11 release, i dnt see any mention about it in Spring 11 release notes…

Appreciate your response.

I've created some triggers so the when an opportunity reaches a certain level the regional manager would start following the opportunity till it is closed and then it would stop.  Everything works fine when I'm logged in and going through the actions as an admin, but when I login as one of our sales people I get the following error. 

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: []: Class.ChatterUtils.AddFollower: line 13, column 7

If I change the users profile and check Modify All Data then everything works, but for obvious reasons I don't want to open up everything to our users. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this work?

Thank you,

Craig

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the best way to add a field to already approved opportunites. There was a formula field which we plan to replace with a before insert,before update trigger.

The problem is that, the trigger calculates the values only on insert and update and we have opportunites which are approved and locked and we want to update them too with the new values calculated by the trigger.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

For a Managed App, I made several changes in sandbox. Is there a fast way to move these changes to production? I would not like to recreate it in production since it is quite some work.These are the things I would need to move.

Is there a way to move changed made to a managed app in a Full copy Sandbox to Production.

When i try to create a change set, it does not give me the option to select the managed app