• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have access to dashboard object. From this object, I am trying to reach the reports included in the dashboard. The dashboard object has three fields
leftSection
middleSection
rightSection
These are of type DashboardComponentSection.

I was hoping to get to the DashboardComponentSection from Dashboard, and then use the components field to get a list of elements of type Dashboard.
From the DashboardComponent we can get to the name of the report,

However the issue I am running into is that Salesforce does not recognize the field leftSection, middleSection and rightSection in the dashboard object. There appears to be no way to get to DashboardComponentSection from the Dashboard object.
The code below gives compilation error -

Dashboard d =[Select Id,title,description ,LeftSection,middleSection,rightSection from Dashboard];

Hi,

I want to customize the Reports and Dashboards through apex code. The API's for Dashboard and Reports are not supporting this. I tried it out with this API link for Dashboards

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_dashboard.htm

Is there anyway round where I can get the Reports attributes used in a Dashboard and then able to customize reports accordingly through apex code?

Thanks,

Atulit

I am trying this code to assign multiple approvers to an existing approval process

Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest req1 = new Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest();req1.

setComments('Submitting request for approval.');

req1.setObjectId(theId);

req1.setNextApproverIds(new Id[] {'00590000000OYw5', '00590000000OYw5'});

Approval.ProcessResult result = Approval.process(req1);

but its giving exception that the required field missing at line

Please help me out. How to assign multiple User ids as approvers to the approval process but only through apex code

Thanks

Hello,

I have an object and it has 10 fields which are null or empty for most of the records. I just wanted to know whether memory is being allocated to these fields or not as there is memory usage limit in the salesforce and I don't want to cross that due to these null or empty fields.

Thanks,

Atulit

Hello,

I have an object and it has 10 fields which are null or empty for most of the records. I just wanted to know whether memory is being allocated to these fields or not as there is memory usage limit in the salesforce and I don't want to cross that due to these null or empty fields.

Thanks,

Atulit

We have an approval process and I want to call a trigger without updating any field. Is it possible to call a trigger through approval process?

We have a visualforce email template and want to send a checkbox with it. It shows the boolean value as true or false rather than showing the checkbox in the templete. Is there any way to display the checkbox in email template.

Can somebody please help me on this, I am new to Salesforce. I want to know is there a way to show the Leaves or Vacations of an employee on a Salesforce Calendar so that it might be helpful in creating the meetings and events for a particular individual. If a person is on leave then it should be shown on the calendar.

I am writing an apex class and need the two standard fields StartDay and EndDay of standard object User in my method. But when I am Querying them the error shown is:

Error: Compile Error: No such column 'StartDay' on entity 'User'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 13 column 20

Can somebody help me to how to access these two fields?

I have a visualforce page which shows the fields from a custom object. Now I want that one of the field can be made editable

on the same page. So i used the <apex:OutputText>  to display the field and <apex:Inputfield> to display the variable for input.

I used buttons to make each of them visible at a time.

On click of edit button the Inputfield gets visible and on click of save the outputText gets visible.

But problem I am getting is, I am not able to update the record from this page.

The custom field is a picklist and we want that it can be modified on the same very page and gets displayed.

On the save button I am calling the method to upsert the value taken in Inputfield, but i think the record is not getting updated.

Please somebody help me in solving the issue. 

I have created two new fields in the object Opportunity and I want that the reports which i have created earlier should show these two fields also. But i dont' know what is the problem the two new fields are not showing in the column selection step of Custom report generating?

Please somebody help me out on this its really urgent?

I have created an object "ABC" it has a lookup to the Opportunity. Now i am creating a Report on Opportunity but I am not able to access the fields of object "ABC". What is the way to get access of the fields of "ABC" from Opportunity in a Report?

I am creating a visualforce page and there is rable whihc needs to be rendered according to some condition I am writing the code as:

<apex:outputPanel rendered="{!IF(ISEQUAL(Bil__c.Agent__c, Bill_c.Dealer__c},'true','false')}">

but its giving an error.

We have a field in an object which is a picklist. we have created a clone of standard user profile called Modified standard user. So aprat from the SystemAdministrator can Modified Standard User be given the permission to insert the new elements in the picklist. Its not the record I am talking its element when we create a new picklist.

I have a product installed self service portal in my salesforce account but don't know exactly how to access it and how to work on it.

I have created a field Colors which is a picklist having name of several colors in an object Color.

How can i access this field and its values as a picklist in other objects as several other object required the same field and its not posssible to create same field again and again. I have tried to create a look up but when i create a formula field to access its values its returning an error.

I am creating an email template using visualforce, and want to merge fields from two different custom objects which are not related to each other.How can we do that?

when I am using the textarea tag its showing the textarea and we can enterthe text too, but when we send that template the text in that textarea is not being sent.

Hi,

I want to customize the Reports and Dashboards through apex code. The API's for Dashboard and Reports are not supporting this. I tried it out with this API link for Dashboards

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_dashboard.htm

Is there anyway round where I can get the Reports attributes used in a Dashboard and then able to customize reports accordingly through apex code?

Thanks,

Atulit

I am trying this code to assign multiple approvers to an existing approval process

Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest req1 = new Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest();req1.

setComments('Submitting request for approval.');

req1.setObjectId(theId);

req1.setNextApproverIds(new Id[] {'00590000000OYw5', '00590000000OYw5'});

but its giving exception that the required field missing at line

Please help me out. How to assign multiple User ids as approvers to the approval process but only through apex code

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks,

Atulit

We have an approval process and I want to call a trigger without updating any field. Is it possible to call a trigger through approval process?

I am writing an apex class and need the two standard fields StartDay and EndDay of standard object User in my method. But when I am Querying them the error shown is:

Error: Compile Error: No such column 'StartDay' on entity 'User'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 13 column 20

Can somebody help me to how to access these two fields?

I have created two new fields in the object Opportunity and I want that the reports which i have created earlier should show these two fields also. But i dont' know what is the problem the two new fields are not showing in the column selection step of Custom report generating?

Please somebody help me out on this its really urgent?

I am creating a visualforce page and there is rable whihc needs to be rendered according to some condition I am writing the code as:

<apex:outputPanel rendered="{!IF(ISEQUAL(Bil__c.Agent__c, Bill_c.Dealer__c},'true','false')}">

but its giving an error.

when I am using the textarea tag its showing the textarea and we can enterthe text too, but when we send that template the text in that textarea is not being sent.