• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Problem:  1) Cannot do cross-object workflow
                1a)  Cannot fire workflow off formula field.

So I need a trigger that will force an "edit/save" (that is, an update with no changes necessary) to opportunity products when a user populates a date field, SO_Opened__c,  on the opportunity.

Any help, be it code itself or links to get me further along would be great.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Looking for a trigger solution to overcome one or both of these point-n-click drawbacks:

1) standard workflow not smart enough to update child records. (Doesn't know which child records to update. In this case, I want to update ALL child records (Quote Line Items).

2) Workflows cannot be fired off a formula field change. 

If you think you can help teach me how to write this relatively simple trigger, please contact me at jbardet @ gmail.com.

I'd be happy to offer $100 for your time, and I apologize for my ignorance if I have underestimated the complexity of this trigger.

Regards,

Jeremy

I'm trying to override the "Email Quote" button so that I can just pass a template ID into the URL. If I use just an s-control and create the url myself, the issue is I can't pass the quote pdf into the URL. 

I suspect this involves using "$Action.Quote.EmailQuote" and then adding "&new_template=<template id>" to the end of the url that is used there but beyond that, I'm lost.

Other than formulas and a few custom S-Controls, as well as some stuff I've yanked from you superstars on this board, I'm mostly a point-and-click type admin.

Few questions, just wondering if it's possible:

1) I'll start simple.

When I create a quote I have some text fields that I don't need displayed on the page when you "Create New", but want them on the regular layout as well as the Edit layout. Is this pretty easy with an override? Someone have some sample code on how to not include fields? 

2) Override Sort Products screen.

We often have to list the same product several times (as opposed to changing to Quantity 5, we sometimes actually have to list it 5 times).

This makes sorting products difficult because all we can see is the Product Name field -- and in this case, it would all read "Product X" which doesn't help us differentiate.

If I could amend the Sort table to include a custom field, or the opp line item description, our problems would be solved. Any ideas? I asked the experts about this at Dreamforce and seemed to have stumped them pretty good.

THANKS SFDC!

Problem:  1) Cannot do cross-object workflow
                1a)  Cannot fire workflow off formula field.

So I need a trigger that will force an "edit/save" (that is, an update with no changes necessary) to opportunity products when a user populates a date field, SO_Opened__c,  on the opportunity.

Any help, be it code itself or links to get me further along would be great.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Looking for a trigger solution to overcome one or both of these point-n-click drawbacks:

1) standard workflow not smart enough to update child records. (Doesn't know which child records to update. In this case, I want to update ALL child records (Quote Line Items).

2) Workflows cannot be fired off a formula field change. 

If you think you can help teach me how to write this relatively simple trigger, please contact me at jbardet @ gmail.com.

I'd be happy to offer $100 for your time, and I apologize for my ignorance if I have underestimated the complexity of this trigger.

Regards,

Jeremy

Other than formulas and a few custom S-Controls, as well as some stuff I've yanked from you superstars on this board, I'm mostly a point-and-click type admin.

Few questions, just wondering if it's possible:

1) I'll start simple.

When I create a quote I have some text fields that I don't need displayed on the page when you "Create New", but want them on the regular layout as well as the Edit layout. Is this pretty easy with an override? Someone have some sample code on how to not include fields? 

2) Override Sort Products screen.

We often have to list the same product several times (as opposed to changing to Quantity 5, we sometimes actually have to list it 5 times).

This makes sorting products difficult because all we can see is the Product Name field -- and in this case, it would all read "Product X" which doesn't help us differentiate.

If I could amend the Sort table to include a custom field, or the opp line item description, our problems would be solved. Any ideas? I asked the experts about this at Dreamforce and seemed to have stumped them pretty good.

THANKS SFDC!

Send an Email can be overridden from Admin>App Setup>Activities>Activity Buttons with an s-control. This overrides the Send an Email button as well as the Reply and Reply To All links on the email related list. Does anyone know how to identify within the overriding s-control which email/activity was clicked when a reply link is clicked. There doesn't seem to be any relevant merge fields but I assume, seeing as the email related list reply links are overridden, that there must be a way to identify which item in the list was actually clicked.

Any ideas?

• December 10, 2009
I want to send an email thanking the Primary Contact on an Opportunity when we mark the corresponding Opportunity Closed Won. But I don't see that object (Opportunity Contact Role) as an option when setting up the email alert.

Any suggestions?

Jane

• October 24, 2008