• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Greetings,

I'll go ahead and explain my process so you have as much information as you need. 

I'm using the PHP Bulk API to send CSV data to the Opportunity entity.  These are logged as "Donations" based on the way the Common Ground package by Convio seems to work. 

I'm 100% confident I'm using the API correctly as I use it to push other data elsewhere, so I'll just focus on what I'm trying to send and the response I'm getting. 

The data I'm sending: (names have been changed)

"Id","AccountId","Amount","CampaignId","CloseDate","Name","OwnerId","RecordTypeId","StageName","Type","cv__Acknowledged__c","cv__Payment_Type__c","ER_Acknowledgment_Type__c"

"#N/A","0018000000nH16fAAC","100.00","70180000000nktJ","2010-10-29","Gary Smith $100.00 Single Donation 10/29/2010","00580000001jWnq","01280000000F7c7AAC","Received","Individual Gift","Not Acknowledged","Credit Card","Email"

"#N/A","0018000000nH1JtAAK","30.00","70180000000nktJ","2010-12-20","Lisa Smith $30.00 Single Donation 12/20/2010","00580000001jWnq","01280000000F7c7AAC","Received","Individual Gift","Not Acknowledged","Credit Card","Email"

What I'm getting:

InvalidBatch : Field name not found : cv__Acknowledged__c

If I try omitting those fields, it trips validation rules on that entity that require those fields so it's a big Catch-22.  (cv__Acknowledged_c is a field in the Common Ground package)

Every expert I've talked to has told me it should work fine, but I have had no luck.   I've tried to find these fields in the WSDL (both Enterprise and Partner, and I've tried multiple package versions), to no avail.  I've checked and rechecked field level security.  I've checked page layouts.  Everything.

I'm at a loss. I've been trying to find a solution for 2 weeks now. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Clif

Greetings,

Well I am bewildered.  I have been tasked with updating a PHP script that uses the BulkAPI to upsert some data into the Opportunity entity.

This is all going well except that some of the clearly defined custom fields are returning:

And similar. 

I thought I finally found the problem when I discovered the WSDL version I was using was quite old (Partner WSDL).  So I promptly regenerated the WSDL.  Only problem? Enterprise, Partner, etc....all of them...do not include these fields.  They're all coming from the Common Ground package and start with cv_

I even tried to find them in the object explorer in Workbench.

So, please...lend me your experience.  How can I update these values?

Thanks in advance!

Clif

Greetings,

I'll go ahead and explain my process so you have as much information as you need. 

I'm using the PHP Bulk API to send CSV data to the Opportunity entity.  These are logged as "Donations" based on the way the Common Ground package by Convio seems to work. 

I'm 100% confident I'm using the API correctly as I use it to push other data elsewhere, so I'll just focus on what I'm trying to send and the response I'm getting. 

The data I'm sending: (names have been changed)

"Id","AccountId","Amount","CampaignId","CloseDate","Name","OwnerId","RecordTypeId","StageName","Type","cv__Acknowledged__c","cv__Payment_Type__c","ER_Acknowledgment_Type__c"

"#N/A","0018000000nH16fAAC","100.00","70180000000nktJ","2010-10-29","Gary Smith $100.00 Single Donation 10/29/2010","00580000001jWnq","01280000000F7c7AAC","Received","Individual Gift","Not Acknowledged","Credit Card","Email"

"#N/A","0018000000nH1JtAAK","30.00","70180000000nktJ","2010-12-20","Lisa Smith $30.00 Single Donation 12/20/2010","00580000001jWnq","01280000000F7c7AAC","Received","Individual Gift","Not Acknowledged","Credit Card","Email"

What I'm getting:

If I try omitting those fields, it trips validation rules on that entity that require those fields so it's a big Catch-22.  (cv__Acknowledged_c is a field in the Common Ground package)

Every expert I've talked to has told me it should work fine, but I have had no luck.   I've tried to find these fields in the WSDL (both Enterprise and Partner, and I've tried multiple package versions), to no avail.  I've checked and rechecked field level security.  I've checked page layouts.  Everything.

I'm at a loss. I've been trying to find a solution for 2 weeks now. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Clif

I am  trying to use DataLoader to upload records using UPSERT operation and my CSV file has 400,000 records .uploading into Custom object . What is the typical configration I should have in config.properties ?

Currently I have

sfdc.useBulkApi=true

sfdc.loadBatchSize=2000

sfdc.bulkApiSerialMode=true

and I have changed the heap size in process.bat as

..\_jvm\bin\java.exe -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M

But after 20,000 records I get below exception . Any help will be appreciated .

Thanks,

-John

at com.sforce.async.RestConnection.createBatchFromStreamImpl(RestConnect
ion.java:153)
        at com.sforce.async.RestConnection.createBatchFromStream(RestConnection.
java:125)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.visitor.BulkLoadVisitor.createBatch(
BulkLoadVisitor.java:267)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.visitor.BulkLoadVisitor.doOneBatch(B
ulkLoadVisitor.java:147)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.visitor.BulkLoadVisitor.createBatche
s(BulkLoadVisitor.java:129)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.action.visitor.BulkLoadVisitor.loadBatch(Bu
lkLoadVisitor.java:90)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: unable to find end tag at:  START_
TAG seen ..."http://www.force.com/2009/06/asyncapi/dataload">\n <exceptionCode>.
.. @3:17
        at com.sforce.ws.bind.TypeMapper.consumeEndTag(TypeMapper.java:399)
        at com.sforce.async.BatchInfo.load(BatchInfo.java:284)
        at com.sforce.async.BatchRequest.loadBatchInfo(BatchRequest.java:77)
        at com.sforce.async.RestConnection.createBatchFromStreamImpl(RestConnect
ion.java:147)
        ... 12 more
2010-12-21 16:06:06,930 ERROR [main] progress.NihilistProgressAdapter doneError
(NihilistProgressAdapter.java:56) - Failed to create batch

• December 22, 2010

Greetings,

Well I am bewildered.  I have been tasked with updating a PHP script that uses the BulkAPI to upsert some data into the Opportunity entity.

This is all going well except that some of the clearly defined custom fields are returning:

And similar. 

I thought I finally found the problem when I discovered the WSDL version I was using was quite old (Partner WSDL).  So I promptly regenerated the WSDL.  Only problem? Enterprise, Partner, etc....all of them...do not include these fields.  They're all coming from the Common Ground package and start with cv_

I even tried to find them in the object explorer in Workbench.

So, please...lend me your experience.  How can I update these values?

Thanks in advance!

Clif