• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm attempting to write a trigger for a detail object that will execute based on a custom field on the master object. Is there a way to obtain the value of this field without using an SOQL query? More specifically, I'm writing a trigger for EmailMessage and want to check a custom field for Case.

Thanks.

Is there an Apex call that will return the number of characters in an Email Message object?

There are several occasions where our service org is sent an email that contains a long chain of emails, or a large spreadsheet within the body, which quickly chews up the max character count of 32k for an Email Message because of all the embedded HTML/Outlook encoding. The will cause some of the email to be cut off when view by our service reps, and can sometimes lead to us missing key pieces of information. It would be nice to be able to flag anytime an Email Message's character count = 32k so the rep will be aware that it could have been cut short, and to go check the original for for any missing info.

Thanks.

I'm attempting to write a trigger for a detail object that will execute based on a custom field on the master object. Is there a way to obtain the value of this field without using an SOQL query? More specifically, I'm writing a trigger for EmailMessage and want to check a custom field for Case.

Thanks.

Hi Folks,

When I try to install the Force.com IDE, I get the following error. I have the latest version of IDE and Java JRE 6 version.

JVM Terminated. ExitCode = -1

Please provide your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!

• November 12, 2010