• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

As stated in the title, what I want is to create an application and using the UserInfo.isMultiCurrencyOrganization (or sth similar) to be able to distinguish between a single and a multi currency organization. Although this should have been working I guess, it does not let me install my application in an account where mutli currency is not enabled (since I have some SOQL query with CurrencyIsoCode in my code). So my question is "Can I have a single application that will be able to be installed in both versions? Or do I need 2 different version of my application?"

Thank you,

Mike.

• November 28, 2011

Hi,

I have the following requirements

1. Use your own pricebook and PricebookEntry objects. (i,e use new custom objects for this)

2. Support multi-currency

I am wondering is it possible to satisfy both these requirements at once. I know no 1 can be done easily but can we

implement mult-currency on our own price related objects?

Any pointers would be very helpful

Thanks

-jimmy

Hi,

I am trying to use the {!$ObjectType.ApexPage} merge field to get the name of a VF page.

This is used on Execute-javascript behavior on a custom button. However I cannot access the

page name that I want to.

For e.g.

If the page name is test01 and I try this.

{!$ObjectType.ApexPage.test01}

it throws a syntax  error

I can hardcode the VF page name but then I would have to prepend it witht the namespace once I create

a package. This has to be avoided

Any help would be great

Thanks

-Kedar

Hi,

While retreiving the FeedItems for a particular user from java code  I came across a weird behaviour

I have 300 feedItem records for the mentioned userID

If I fire this query 'Select Id, ContentData from userProfileFeed with userID = 'xyz' ' I can see only 1 record returned

but If I remove the Contentdata field and fire the same query query I can see all 300 records

is this some bug ? Why does inclusion of Contendata field produce this behavior?

Any pointers would be of great help

As a workaround I have used queryMore to retrieve the records one by one but it slow and inefficient.

P.S

I have used both enterprise/partner wsdls and the open source wsc code and the same problem is seen.

Thanks

-Jimmy

Hi,

Pls give your thoughts/suggestions to backup chatter data. Following is my current strategy.

Of the various aggregate feed objects like NewsFeed, UserFeed etc UserProfileFeed is the one most useful for Chatter backup. UserProfileFeed gives us the entire information about a users activity related to chatter. This is given by NewsFeed too but NewsFeed additionally gives us information about the users/objects followed by a particular user. If we use NewsFeed for Chatter backup then we will have lots of duplication.

The following query gives us the entire chatter data for a particular user.

Select Id, ParentId, FeedPostId, Type, CreatedById, CreatedDate, IsDeleted,
LastModifiedDate, SystemModstamp, CommentCount, LikeCount, Title, Body,
LinkUrl, ContentData, ContentFileName,ContentDescription, ContentType,
ContentSize, InsertedById , (SELECT Id, FieldName, OldValue, NewValue
 FROM FeedTrackedChanges ORDER BY Id DESC), (SELECT Id, CommentBody,

CreatedDate, CreatedBy.FirstName, CreatedBy.LastName  FROM FeedComments

ORDER BY CreatedDate),  (SELECT CreatedBy.FirstName, CreatedBy.LastName 

FROM FeedLikes) FROM UserProfileFeed with userId='<user-id>'

The above query can be optimized by observing that the records for which feedItem.Type='TrackedChange' can be removed if they have no comments made on them i.e FeedItem.commentCount > 0 then and only then include them for backup.

Additionally  we will need to back up the EntitySubscription object so as to capture
all the follower-followee combinations.

And finally these collab objects need to be backed up too. CollaborationGroup and CollaborationGroupMember.

However one   question I am struggling with is this.
What if the parentId points to an object instead of a user?

Then should the Chatter backup also backup the entire object too.

Hi,

Does anyone know when this would be available? It's been almost a year since the announcement but no Beta preview has been releaed. Meanwhile Amazon's Elastic Benstalk which looks similar to vmForce is up now

Hopefully SF releases the preview soon.

Thanks

-Jimmy

Hi,

I am planning to use the Rest API to access Salesforce from a J2ME device.

I cannot use OAUTH2 as I dont want a web application running on a mobile.

As another person suggested we can pass the sessionId to the Rest API. However to do so requires

SOAP libraries.

I am wondering :

1) Are SF Soap libraries compatible with J2ME?

2) Is there a way to get the sessionID by any other means to pass to REST based API instead of using SOAP?

I expected that the REST based api would accept the username/password/token and would return the session  ID but this seems not to be supported.

Thanks

-Jimmy

HI,

Is it possible to use the new REST API from a standalone java application?

The example used on the site refers to a web app. 

Also can we use this REST api from a J2ME enabled phone?

Thanks

-Kedar

Hello,

As stated in the title, what I want is to create an application and using the UserInfo.isMultiCurrencyOrganization (or sth similar) to be able to distinguish between a single and a multi currency organization. Although this should have been working I guess, it does not let me install my application in an account where mutli currency is not enabled (since I have some SOQL query with CurrencyIsoCode in my code). So my question is "Can I have a single application that will be able to be installed in both versions? Or do I need 2 different version of my application?"

Thank you,

Mike.

• November 28, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to use the {!$ObjectType.ApexPage} merge field to get the name of a VF page.

This is used on Execute-javascript behavior on a custom button. However I cannot access the

page name that I want to.

For e.g.

If the page name is test01 and I try this.

{!$ObjectType.ApexPage.test01}

it throws a syntax  error

I can hardcode the VF page name but then I would have to prepend it witht the namespace once I create

a package. This has to be avoided

Any help would be great

Thanks

-Kedar

Hi,

We have a scenario where approximatly 20000 users might login at the same time and do some basic processing.

Does Salesforce support this kind of concurrency ?

Also if 20000 concurrent requests were to be sent via the SOAP API is that supported as well?

Thanks

-Kedar

• September 20, 2011

Hi,

I am planning to use the Rest API to access Salesforce from a J2ME device.

I cannot use OAUTH2 as I dont want a web application running on a mobile.

As another person suggested we can pass the sessionId to the Rest API. However to do so requires

SOAP libraries.

I am wondering :

1) Are SF Soap libraries compatible with J2ME?

2) Is there a way to get the sessionID by any other means to pass to REST based API instead of using SOAP?

I expected that the REST based api would accept the username/password/token and would return the session  ID but this seems not to be supported.

Thanks

-Jimmy

HI,

Is it possible to use the new REST API from a standalone java application?

The example used on the site refers to a web app. 

Also can we use this REST api from a J2ME enabled phone?

Thanks

-Kedar