I'm new to the use of sites, although experienced with the salesforce.com platform generally.
I have followed the installation notes to install CMS Force2 and double checked to ensure it is correct.
I can't seem to get the links or web form submission to work. For example if I create two pages one called application form and the other called thankyou. Then on the application form I have a link to the thankyou page, linked via the lookup server and selecting the thankyou page. When I click the link I get a page not found error.
The same occurs when I add a webform to the application page and click the submit/save button.
I have scoured the forums and cannot find anything related to this error, any urgent help needed as I have a tight deadline.
I just installed CMSForce in development as a trail before I go forth with production...
The first 6 steps of the installation process are concerning. We have way too many documents, dashboards, letterheads, workflows etc that we already have set up in Salesforce. I do not want any existing settings changed that would impact their current function. Can you verify before I install to production? Thanks!
- Change the visibility settings for any installed documents, reports, dashboards, letterheads, email templates, and custom fields on standard objects. By default, these components are visible to all users. Set the Running User for any installed dashboards or analytic snapshots; by default, it is set to you.
- Set the Running User for any installed dashboards or analytic snapshots; by default, it is set to you.
- Specify the appropriate recipients for any installed workflow tasks.
- Specify the appropriate assignees for any installed workflow alerts.
- Specify the appropriate user for workflow field updates that modify the Owner field or user lookups; by default, it is set to you.
- Create a schedule for any installed analytic snapshots.
- Configure any additional settings for this package from the package detail page.
- Deploy the package by clicking Deploy Now below. You can also do this at any time in the future from the package detail page.