• 30 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When one of my comma-separated value fields starts with quotation marks, the opening quotation mark is removed even when I enclose that portion of the data in double quotation marks.  

For example, the data in the CSV file looks like this:

"""Project ABC""", "Bob Smith", "Priorty 1"

The long text area field looks like this:

Project ABC"

Has anyone else experienced this?

• March 30, 2011

I used the Apex Data Loader to export some data from our org.  Most of the data in the CSV lines up just fine in columns and rows when I open it in Excel, but some data has HTML <p> tags in it and is not staying in the correct field and starts a whole new row.

I understand that some HTML tags are allowed in certain SFDC fields.  How can I get the data for this field not to start a new row?

• March 17, 2011

I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so, if there is a solution or explanation.  I'm using the Apex Data Loader to export data from my org. In Step 3, "Edit your query" a few fields are not listed in the box under "Choose the query fields below."  When I manually type them into the query, a dialog box with the error, "No such field XXX on entity YY" pops up.  Some of the fields that this is happening with are hidden, but some of them are not.  I am a sys admin.  I double-checked the object and these fields do indeed exist in them in the org that I've logged into.  Can anyone explain this to me?  Thanks.

• March 07, 2011

I used the Apex Data Loader to export some data from our org.  Most of the data in the CSV lines up just fine in columns and rows when I open it in Excel, but some data has HTML <p> tags in it and is not staying in the correct field and starts a whole new row.

I understand that some HTML tags are allowed in certain SFDC fields.  How can I get the data for this field not to start a new row?

• March 17, 2011

I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so, if there is a solution or explanation.  I'm using the Apex Data Loader to export data from my org. In Step 3, "Edit your query" a few fields are not listed in the box under "Choose the query fields below."  When I manually type them into the query, a dialog box with the error, "No such field XXX on entity YY" pops up.  Some of the fields that this is happening with are hidden, but some of them are not.  I am a sys admin.  I double-checked the object and these fields do indeed exist in them in the org that I've logged into.  Can anyone explain this to me?  Thanks.

• March 07, 2011

I need help please! Have deadline and never faced this complex of a data import. We are importing data from an old web based system that we do not have control over

In Salesforce:

I have 1 Parent object : Clients

And 5 related objects via master-detail or lookup:

Contact

Client Debt

Payment History

Offers

Financial Profile

-----

The export from the old system is seperated into similiar objects, 6 individual files.

There is one field in common in every excel file : CUSTOMER ID which is the filed that correlated the objects in the old system

How do import the custom objects?

I accomplished the client file obviously by simply importing it. Contacts I got done by including the CUSTOMER ID in the (Client)  import and then simply exporting the Client ID and CUSTOMER ID and pasting into the excel file (which was sorted exactly the same way with all of the customer id's, so the client id's matched up)

The problem is the other files will not match up as some clients do not have debt or offers(or they may have 9 debts) so I cannot simply paste the salesforce id's in. The customer id is unique, but in the case of debts and payments may exist multiple times.

How do i get this data in?

JB