• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Would greatly appreciate help on the following problem. 

I'm attempting to deploy around 48 custom fields (on a custom object) from my Sandbox environment to the Production instance.  Upon attempting to "Validate" my uploaded Change Set, I receive the following four errors:

chatterConnector.main()	Class	404	1	Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Same value: null", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.chatterConnector.main: line 404, column 1"
chatterMiniFeed.runTest()	Class	223	1	Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Same value: null", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.chatterMiniFeed.runTest: line 223, column 1"
chatterNotifications.runTest()	Class	204	1	Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Same value: null", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.chatterNotifications.runTest: line 204, column 1"
followObject.runTest()	Class	82	1	Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Expected: false, Actual: true", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.followObject.runTest: line 82, column 1"

I have run these same tests in my Sandbox environment and they do not display errors there.  To my knowledge there were no changes made in our instance between the time the Sandbox was created and when I pushed this to Production.  

I have run these specific tests again multiple times in the Production environment and they continue to fail and show "0%" in the Code Coverage on the Apex Class menu.  

At a loss for what to do - this was going to be a 'simple' change set deployment until I hit these, which appear completely unrelated to the change set components I'm trying to deploy.  

Many thanks.

• July 29, 2013

Hi there,

I'm new to APEX coding and seem to be frustrated by the smallest infractions...  

Receiving the error "Compile Error: line 2:0 no viable alternative at character " at line 2 column 0" 

Exact code is as follows:

trigger InsertUpdateContactBefore on Contact (before insert, before
update)
{
        for (Contact c : Trigger.new) {

//Don't let records be entered without Account

if (c.AccountId == null){

c.addError('All contacts must be related to an account.  If you are
creating this Contact in the Lookup screen,

you\'ll need to create the
contact with complete information by selecting Contact from the
"Create New..."

drop-down in the left-hand sidebar.');

}

} }

I'm certain this is an easy answer, but I can't come up with it.  I've attempted to "retype" the code after copying and pasting from a text editor as simple text.  I've also looked for help in other forums and using the APEX manual available online - just not getting it.  

Thanks in advance!

• March 21, 2011

Hi,

Would greatly appreciate help on the following problem. 

I'm attempting to deploy around 48 custom fields (on a custom object) from my Sandbox environment to the Production instance.  Upon attempting to "Validate" my uploaded Change Set, I receive the following four errors:

chatterConnector.main()	Class	404	1	Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Same value: null", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.chatterConnector.main: line 404, column 1"
chatterMiniFeed.runTest()	Class	223	1	Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Same value: null", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.chatterMiniFeed.runTest: line 223, column 1"
chatterNotifications.runTest()	Class	204	1	Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Same value: null", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.chatterNotifications.runTest: line 204, column 1"
followObject.runTest()	Class	82	1	Failure Message: "System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Expected: false, Actual: true", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.followObject.runTest: line 82, column 1"

I have run these same tests in my Sandbox environment and they do not display errors there.  To my knowledge there were no changes made in our instance between the time the Sandbox was created and when I pushed this to Production.  

I have run these specific tests again multiple times in the Production environment and they continue to fail and show "0%" in the Code Coverage on the Apex Class menu.  

At a loss for what to do - this was going to be a 'simple' change set deployment until I hit these, which appear completely unrelated to the change set components I'm trying to deploy.  

Many thanks.

• July 29, 2013

Hi there,

I'm new to APEX coding and seem to be frustrated by the smallest infractions...  

Receiving the error "Compile Error: line 2:0 no viable alternative at character " at line 2 column 0" 

Exact code is as follows:

trigger InsertUpdateContactBefore on Contact (before insert, before
update)
{
        for (Contact c : Trigger.new) {

//Don't let records be entered without Account

if (c.AccountId == null){

c.addError('All contacts must be related to an account.  If you are
creating this Contact in the Lookup screen,

you\'ll need to create the
contact with complete information by selecting Contact from the
"Create New..."

drop-down in the left-hand sidebar.');

}

} }

I'm certain this is an easy answer, but I can't come up with it.  I've attempted to "retype" the code after copying and pasting from a text editor as simple text.  I've also looked for help in other forums and using the APEX manual available online - just not getting it.  

Thanks in advance!

• March 21, 2011

Installed CMSForce2. Followed instructions up to page 13.  Was able to launch WYSIWYG editor and create basic PageItem content, but this content does not show up on the site preview or on the site itself (http://fugroroadware.force.com/software/cms/Home).

Suspecting permission issue of some kind.  All CMSForce2 objects have Read access or higher in Public Access Settings including PageItems which was not specified in the instructions.

Trying to view the PageItem by itself produces Authorization required page.

Help!!  This was supposed to be easy, but I haven't even gotten started.

Thanks,

Michael

When creating contacts, organization (account) type use to auto-generate a one-to-one individual relationship. Now it's forcing us to manually enter an Organization (account) and create an organization for each individual contact. SF basic said it was a formula issue, however we never changed the formula.