• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hi!

I have a SSL connection that begins in Salesforce and send information to a web server and the web server send to ues a response.

The certificate that is in web server was updated and..puff.. when we send information in salesforce to the server, the error is:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I read many things about it but i dont understand how to do the update on SF or if i have to generated a CA..how can i do?

cheers!

Hi,

I am getting the following exception when a webservice callout is made.

System.CalloutException: IO Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed

Until few weeks ago the webservice callout worked fine.

And there has been no code change from that point.

Can anyone let me know what could be the exact cause why this error is encountered?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

When our app makes a callout to an external webservice over SSL, we get the following Exception:

System.CalloutException: IO Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

This doesn't happen with regular http callout. our certificate is NOT expired on the target server and everything seems to be normal. no alert or anything from the browser.

any idea?

Thanks,

P.S We need to resolve this for security review.

Message Edited by Bms270 on 05-14-2009 07:17 PM
Message Edited by Bms270 on 05-14-2009 07:19 PM