• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out on how to create an apps and deploy it to org. So I have created a small test app which has 1 custom object and 1 customization in the standard object (Accounts). I renamed the 'Accounts' into 'myAccounts'.

When I try to create a package, I cannot find the renamed 'myAccounts' in the tab nor the 'custom object'. 

1. Is it possible to package our changes and modification (e.g renaming standard field, workflow, etc) in the standard objects into a package and deploy them into org?

2. What will be the steps to deploy such customization?

forgive me if these questions are so obvious, since I am still learning and new to salesforce CRM.

Hi, 

Is it possible to create customer portal user without linking them with Account or Contact? I have custom object which will be source information for that user. Basically I have created several custom objects for capturing student prospective and applicants, and I want to create customer portal user based on the applicants information.

I  am new in force.com and have no experience in Salesforce CRM; I am trying to create custom application in force.com which don't rely on any CRM objects.

Hi guys

I have created an unmanaged package of an app that includes all the usual bits, work flow, custom objects, custom fields, report, dashboard, etc.

After creating the package I install that to my another DE environment for testing, but it failed with the usual messge: "Your requested install failed. Please try this again.  None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.  If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: xxxxx"

After many trials and errors I found out that if I take out Dashboard, then everything is fine.  From your experience, do you have any reasons that you can tell me as to why it failed?

I'm getting really frustrated.  I thought I've done everything right, the dashboard is in a public folder for read/write, I even just re-created the dashboard based on the same reports, only one giving a pie chart and the other giving the metric.

As for View dashboard as, I tried both as specified user and as logged-in user but no go.

THanks.

Hi, 

Is it possible to create customer portal user without linking them with Account or Contact? I have custom object which will be source information for that user. Basically I have created several custom objects for capturing student prospective and applicants, and I want to create customer portal user based on the applicants information.

I  am new in force.com and have no experience in Salesforce CRM; I am trying to create custom application in force.com which don't rely on any CRM objects.

Can we dynamically assign package licenses when registering new customer or high volume portal users?

We have customers who want to give their portal users access to a managed package (per seat licensing) when they register for portal user accounts.

- Ron