• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi I am trying to do outlook integration and just want to know  how salesforce manages to sync the contact records..? Where is the Id of the contact stored or how does the outlook know which record to update when syncing..?

Hi I built a custom visual force page for accounts which has attachments button in the detail page (in the related list section) and when you click that it pulls a .Net page from an external system  and display it as an iFrame. My requirement needs to have the .Net page look and feel matching salesforce. Where do I find the standard salesforce style sheets to mimic the iFrame page..? Pls advise. Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I need to display attachments from an external page on click of a button. I need to pass the object Id in the external URL to get the attachments for that Id. I created a custom button using standard configuration and the button is displayed in the detail page of the object. How can I display that button as a seperate section below the record or besides the notes and attachments section..? pls advise.

If this can achieved via custom coding, How do I do that ?

Hi How do I send the user login information(login ID) as a part of the outbound message request..for example if I want to send account data, how do I include the userId as a part of account payload? The 'send user as field' is definitely not the option. please advise. Thanks.

Hi All,

I am trying to use the outbound messaging functionality to achieve real time integration b/w SFDC and external system. Couple of questions.

If listener is built via .NET, is that going to call the notification() in the outbound messaging wsdl to send the response
back to sales force? If the response has to be sent, the notification response object in the service has only one data which is ACK (Boolean) and what If the external system is returning me some row Id or any other message? Do I need to expose a new service that grabs the response with a different data type and display it on the UI or any
standard functionality provided by SFDC as a part of Outbound messaging to store/view the response??? Basically how do I  capture the response?

Also, to send the response, which SFDC URL do they need to call
back..?

pls advise.

Hi There,

We have an integration between SFDC and a legacy system. In case of any integration failures (like if external server is down) is there a way to capture/store the payload somewhere and re trigger the xml request payload later when the resources are available..?

Not sure if sales force provides some kind of queuing mechanism to retrigger the request from queue..or if this has to be custom built, how do I do this..?

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to an external system from sales force and we are trying to implement ws security between these systems. The firewall has been configured in such a way that it only accepts sales force ip ranges. We tried to connect to a https server and the proxy returns the following response.

System.CalloutException: IO Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.

we figured it was the issue with the certificate configured at the proxy and my network team had purchased  a new public certificate from Verisign. When I try to connect to the server, it is still giving me the same error. 

Upon trouble shooting, my network team believes that the intermediate certificate that came in with verisign was not installed in sales force server (intermediate certificate is not in the list of sales force accepted verisign certificate chain).

Its really weird to believe that sales force doesnt have that cert installed.

Please help me troubleshoot this error. couldnt figure out where the error is coming from. Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I initiated a callout to a https proxy server where they only have a private certificate installed and sfdc could not trust it. This is the error I get.

System.CalloutException: IO Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.

Now my network team has to get a certificate signed by verisign and install it at their server for sales force to validate its identity. Before I have my team do that, Do I need to tell my apex code to find which root CA sales force has to use to validate the server certificate?

Hi, My org has a firewall which allows only sales force IP ranges to communicate with their servers..when I make a web service call to their service,it is giving me the following error.

System.CalloutException: IO Exception: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable.

How do I know the ipaddress of the salesforce machine or instance thats routing my request to the end point location?

Is the proxy at the sales force server blocking me or the local proxy? How do I know whats going on..? Pls advise.

Thanks. 

Hi I built a custom visual force page for accounts which has attachments button in the detail page (in the related list section) and when you click that it pulls a .Net page from an external system  and display it as an iFrame. My requirement needs to have the .Net page look and feel matching salesforce. Where do I find the standard salesforce style sheets to mimic the iFrame page..? Pls advise. Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I need to display attachments from an external page on click of a button. I need to pass the object Id in the external URL to get the attachments for that Id. I created a custom button using standard configuration and the button is displayed in the detail page of the object. How can I display that button as a seperate section below the record or besides the notes and attachments section..? pls advise.

If this can achieved via custom coding, How do I do that ?

Hi How do I send the user login information(login ID) as a part of the outbound message request..for example if I want to send account data, how do I include the userId as a part of account payload? The 'send user as field' is definitely not the option. please advise. Thanks.

Hi There,

We have an integration between SFDC and a legacy system. In case of any integration failures (like if external server is down) is there a way to capture/store the payload somewhere and re trigger the xml request payload later when the resources are available..?

Not sure if sales force provides some kind of queuing mechanism to retrigger the request from queue..or if this has to be custom built, how do I do this..?

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to an external system from sales force and we are trying to implement ws security between these systems. The firewall has been configured in such a way that it only accepts sales force ip ranges. We tried to connect to a https server and the proxy returns the following response.

we figured it was the issue with the certificate configured at the proxy and my network team had purchased  a new public certificate from Verisign. When I try to connect to the server, it is still giving me the same error. 

Upon trouble shooting, my network team believes that the intermediate certificate that came in with verisign was not installed in sales force server (intermediate certificate is not in the list of sales force accepted verisign certificate chain).

Its really weird to believe that sales force doesnt have that cert installed.

Please help me troubleshoot this error. couldnt figure out where the error is coming from. Thanks in advance.

Hi, My org has a firewall which allows only sales force IP ranges to communicate with their servers..when I make a web service call to their service,it is giving me the following error.

System.CalloutException: IO Exception: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable.

How do I know the ipaddress of the salesforce machine or instance thats routing my request to the end point location?

Is the proxy at the sales force server blocking me or the local proxy? How do I know whats going on..? Pls advise.

Thanks. 

Hi, I have a scnario where I am trying to push Accounts from a legacy system(Siebel) to Sales force. I have developed a custom web service which would insert and update siebel accounts to salesforce. I generated the wsdl out of it and exposed it to siebel along with the standard enterprise wsdl so, siebel can use the session id generated from salesforce enterprise wsdl to make a call out to my custom webservice. I have also created a response class (the insert and update methods have response class as return type) in my custom web service which would send a response back to siebel with a success or error message.

My question is Siebel was successful in hitting sales force and performing insert/update calling my web service. But the response they get when an account is inserted/updated is NULL (the result tag is empty) even though I am sending a string as response.

I tried testing this via SOAP UI, the account inserts succesfully but the response says nothing. I know this is a simple one but need help figuring this out. any inputs would be appreciated.  Thank u.