Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Greetings,

I have 3 record types:

1) Record Type A 

2) Record Type B

3) Record Type C

Depending on the record type, I'd like do a specific calculation: if record type A, then X*Y.  Exception: if X*Y > 100, then it should show 100, otherwise X*Y.

For record type B, the calculation should be X*Y > 80, then show 80, othewerwise X*Y (answer would be less than 80).

I have this as my current formula:

AND(
  ($RecordType.DeveloperName = "Record Type A"),
  IF(X*Y> 100, 100, X*Y)
   )

However I keep getting an error.  I see where the error is coming from because it's not really calculating it with the AND expression.  I feel like this is a simple mistake I'm overlooking.  Can anyone help with the logic?  

Thank you x 100! 

Folks-

Have a quick question.  And hopefully you have a quick solution.

I have a master detail relationship between Opportunity (master) and Opportunity Contacts (child).

What I'd like to do is take a "snapshot" of the current opportunity stage when a certain Opportunity Contacts picklist value = "ABCD".

I can do a roll-up summary of the "last modified date" and stamp that on the opportunity.  Then I created this formula field on the opportunity to see if A) the date is populated and B) stamp the current opportunity stage.

IF(NOT(ISNULL( Test_roll_up__c )), text(StageName),"")

However, after the fact, if I change the stage, the field above ^^ also changes.  I tried to stop this via validation rule but it stopped the opportunity from saving all together.

Now I'm stuck and need your help.  How can I "stamp" the current stage and never allow it to be changed?  Any ideas/thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you-

Hello,

Is there a way to push a SFDC Content (library) to the public? via sites? or standard html?

Please let me know, i'm summing up business requirements and would like to understand if this is possible.

Thanks!

Hello SFDC boards,

I have a situation, and honestly, don't know how to tackle it.  So here I am looking for your expertise- and thank you in advance. =)

I have 2 objects in place: Leads & Lookup_Table__c

When a lead is created with a  Zip Code value, I need the same zip code to be populated on a lookup field on the lead record.  The reason I need this is to tie the Lead & LookUpTable so I can bring information on the lead record.

This is my dream process:

1) Lead gets created through web-to-lead form

2) Zip code (text) gets copied into ZipCode2__c (lookup field to Lookup_Table__c object).

3) Record Saves

4) Lead record now displays information from lookuptable on lead record.  ( i have this down through formula fields)

I have tried creating #2 through a workflow but can't touch the lookup field.  Everything else is in place.  Can you please help me write a trigger to accomplish this (copy a field value into a lookup field)?

Thanks again!

Hello,

I don't know know the best way to approach this but hoping it can be done in an easy fashion.

Basically I have 3 objects:

1) Opportunity 

2) Site (lookup to Opportunity)

3) Tracker (lookup to Site)

I would like to have the opportunity owner display on the tracker (as a lookup).  The reason I want this done is because I want to have a workflow that if a certain field (X) changes on the tracker, I want the opportunity owner to get an alert.  

What would be the best way to handle this?  So confused..and have a meeting soon.  Please help!  Thank you in advance.

Greetings.  I tried looking this up but was unable to find a similar example.

I want a workflow to trigger if there's an update to a specific date field.  I'm using "ISCHANGED(datefield__c)" but that fires even if it's being populated for the first time (insert to field; rather than update to existing date).

I only want the workflow to trigger if the datefield__c has a date in it, and then getting updated.

Any help?  Thanks in advance!

-OnCloud9

Hello,

I would like to use mail merge to export opportunity data, along with related lists. 

For Example:  Opportunity w/ Contact Roles, or a custom object RL.  Is this possible?

Thanks! 

onCLOUD9

--

Saw a smiliar post from 2008, but not sure if SFDC made updates to make it work now:

(http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Mail-Merge-of-Quote-Line-Items/m-p/84944)

Hello Cloud Experts!  I have a situation and can't seem to find the answer.

I have a parent & child object (many childs to parent possible via related list).  On the child record, I'm capturing information like:

-Start Date

-End Date

-Monthly Payment

On any given parent record, I would like to capture the last 12 month's average payment.  I could do this via roll up summary fields (sum/count) but the problem I have is:  I may not have the last consecutive 12 months worth of data.

For example, 

Scenario 1) Today is June 2011, I would like to see the average of the latest data set I have (June 2010 --> June 2011).   This is doable with roll up summary fields & date filters.

Secnario 2) Today is June 2011, but the last 12 months worth of data I have is from (February 2010 --> Feb 2011).  How do I calculate this?  Almost like a rolling/moving 12 month average.  

Any creative approach to this? 

Thanks in advance for your time and help.  Cheers!

Hello,

I have a custom object (Review__c) that has a lookup to a contact record.  I'd like to mark if I've ever "Met" the person on the (Review__c) record if there's an activity.type = "Meeting" related to the contact..  I hope I didn't confuse you!  How would I go upon doing this?  I'm pretty new to Apex.  I tried looking at formulas but it wouldn't drill down from Contact >> Activity.  Any ideas?  Your help is highly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Hi Folks!

I'm stuck on an issue and need community assistance! =)

What I'm trying to accomplish is this:  I have 2 custom objects, called Parent and Child.  A parent can have many childs, via related list.

On the child record, we capture data per given time frame. (i.e. Start Date = 1/1/2011; End Date = 1/31/2011, Total cost = $50, etc.)  

What I'd like to do is take the rolling average of the child's costs (i.e. if today is 5/25/2011, then look between today and 12 months ago, and tally up 1) number of records (aka months)  and 2) total costs.  Then do the average math (costs/month) to achieve the final result.  

I'm familiar with formula fields and roll up summary, but not so much with apex.

Does this require apex (i assume it does to get the between "Today ---> prior 12 months") and how would I attempt to do this?  I think I have the logistics down but am running into some trouble trying to make it work in SFDC.

Your help is HIGHLY appreciated and your knowledge is invaluable to my learning.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi!  My first post here so please take it easy :)

I have a custom object that has two lookups: Related Account & Related Opportunity.  Having to look up both of these, 1 by 1, is a hassle for some of our end users.

Therefore, is there a way (trigger?) to do the following:

Lookup the opportunity name and have the related account name populate under Related Account lookup field?  (before or after the save is fine)

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

I have 3 record types:

1) Record Type A 

2) Record Type B

3) Record Type C

Depending on the record type, I'd like do a specific calculation: if record type A, then X*Y.  Exception: if X*Y > 100, then it should show 100, otherwise X*Y.

For record type B, the calculation should be X*Y > 80, then show 80, othewerwise X*Y (answer would be less than 80).

I have this as my current formula:

AND(
  ($RecordType.DeveloperName = "Record Type A"),
  IF(X*Y> 100, 100, X*Y)
   )

However I keep getting an error.  I see where the error is coming from because it's not really calculating it with the AND expression.  I feel like this is a simple mistake I'm overlooking.  Can anyone help with the logic?  

Thank you x 100! 

Folks-

Have a quick question.  And hopefully you have a quick solution.

I have a master detail relationship between Opportunity (master) and Opportunity Contacts (child).

What I'd like to do is take a "snapshot" of the current opportunity stage when a certain Opportunity Contacts picklist value = "ABCD".

I can do a roll-up summary of the "last modified date" and stamp that on the opportunity.  Then I created this formula field on the opportunity to see if A) the date is populated and B) stamp the current opportunity stage.

IF(NOT(ISNULL( Test_roll_up__c )), text(StageName),"")

However, after the fact, if I change the stage, the field above ^^ also changes.  I tried to stop this via validation rule but it stopped the opportunity from saving all together.

Now I'm stuck and need your help.  How can I "stamp" the current stage and never allow it to be changed?  Any ideas/thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you-

I have created an email template, one of the available mail merge fields is not returning any value in the email I receive. I checked the data in the field and it is not blank.

Any thoughts why this is happenening? Thanks.

Hello SFDC boards,

I have a situation, and honestly, don't know how to tackle it.  So here I am looking for your expertise- and thank you in advance. =)

I have 2 objects in place: Leads & Lookup_Table__c

When a lead is created with a  Zip Code value, I need the same zip code to be populated on a lookup field on the lead record.  The reason I need this is to tie the Lead & LookUpTable so I can bring information on the lead record.

This is my dream process:

1) Lead gets created through web-to-lead form

2) Zip code (text) gets copied into ZipCode2__c (lookup field to Lookup_Table__c object).

3) Record Saves

4) Lead record now displays information from lookuptable on lead record.  ( i have this down through formula fields)

I have tried creating #2 through a workflow but can't touch the lookup field.  Everything else is in place.  Can you please help me write a trigger to accomplish this (copy a field value into a lookup field)?

Thanks again!

I'm trying a different approach for programming a trigger I need to update a lookup field called Zipcode_Lookup__c on our Account object from a previous post of mine. I used an example from pacstrats. Here is my code:

trigger ZipcodeLookup on Account (before insert, before update) {
List<String> BillingPostalCodes = new List<String>();
for (Account a:Trigger.new)
{
BillingPostalCodes.add(a.BillingPostalCode);
}
List <Zip_Code__c> ZipCodeList = [Select Name from Zip_Code__c where Name in :BillingPostalCodes];
for (Integer i = 0; i < Trigger.new.size(); i++)
{
if (Trigger.new[i].BillingPostalCode != null)
{
Trigger.new[i].Zipcode_Lookup__c = ZipcodeList[i].Name;
}
else
{
Trigger.new[i].Zipcode_Lookup__c = null;
}
}
}

The jest of it is to populate the Zipcode_Lookup__c custom lookup field on Account with the BillingPostalCode field on Account if it is available. The lookup is to the Name field on a custom object called Zip_Code__c.

When I go to update a record (or add one) I recieve this error: ZipCodeUpdate: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.StringException: Invalid id: 32403: Trigger.ZipCodeUpdate: line 12, column 1

I've received this Invalid id exception error with a simple version of this trigger also.

I would appreciate any advise as I need this lookup field populated to get around the limitations of Account Assignment rules in the Manage Territories Hierarchy.

Thank you!

Hello,

I don't know know the best way to approach this but hoping it can be done in an easy fashion.

Basically I have 3 objects:

1) Opportunity 

2) Site (lookup to Opportunity)

3) Tracker (lookup to Site)

I would like to have the opportunity owner display on the tracker (as a lookup).  The reason I want this done is because I want to have a workflow that if a certain field (X) changes on the tracker, I want the opportunity owner to get an alert.  

What would be the best way to handle this?  So confused..and have a meeting soon.  Please help!  Thank you in advance.

Greetings.  I tried looking this up but was unable to find a similar example.

I want a workflow to trigger if there's an update to a specific date field.  I'm using "ISCHANGED(datefield__c)" but that fires even if it's being populated for the first time (insert to field; rather than update to existing date).

I only want the workflow to trigger if the datefield__c has a date in it, and then getting updated.

Any help?  Thanks in advance!

-OnCloud9