• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a case where I need to post an automatic generated feed to specified chatter groups. This is the scenario:

Our developers and product managers are using JIRA for product development, resulting in a flood of e-mails per day. These e-mails would do a lot better in a chatter feed, filtered in groups. So I installed the free application Email2Chatter, where the only problem is that I can't have the chatter posts to show up in certain groups, making the feeds very messy. 

I am not a developer myself, but it would be great if you could help me out just knowing if this is achievable.

- Can the Email2Chatter app be customized to posting to certain groups depending on the subject?

- If not, can a trigger be used to achieve that once the post is in the system?

- How much work is this for a skilled java developer with no APEX knowledge yet? How much work could it be for a Salesforce PS consultant?

Thanks!

BR

Linus

• April 26, 2012

Hi all,

I started using SFDC four months ago when I took over from a consultant at my org with 10-15 users. I am Starting to get a good feel of how things work and I administer everything from marketing campaigns, reports and dashboards, sales processes, customer support etc.

I had a request from the support dpt that they want to see support contract information at each case record. We have a custom object called agreements, where support contract information such as guaranteed response time are stored.

When a new case is created, this is what is needed to be done:

- check if a support contract for that account exists (done with a roll-up summary field at account level, and field update workflow to the case record)

- publish a link to the agreement record (this is now a look-up, but I need a solution without any user action)

- post the guaranteed response time from that agreement record, to a custom field on the case record.

I tried to do everything via the account object, but it just doesent make sense. Especially if more than one agreement exists for each account, which is not uncommon.

Is learning Apex triggers the way to go? Where do I start? I have been taking some java courses in uni about 2-3 years ago, but my skills are very limited as I haven't used it since... 

Thank you for your time,

Linus

• May 13, 2011

I'm looking for some Sample APEX that would, upon Case creation, do a lookup to the Contacts Account and find the Entitlement Associated to the Account.  In my case, there will only ever be one Entitlement associated to an Account so the results would return one record.  I need this entitlement to be automatically associated to the Case and automatically kick off.  Essentially, when a case is created, I need the entitlement to kick off immediately.  Does anyone have any sample APEX I can look at that might point me in the right direction.