• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am trying to make a Leads VR to make sure no-one can change a "lead source" after it is created.
I have came up with following formula

AND(ISCHANGED(LeadSource), NOT(ISPICKVAL(LeadSource , "")))

It does pop up the message if someone will try to change but if it doesn't show the message if l change lead source to blank.
Can someone please assist me to wirte a correct VR for no-one can change a "lead source" to other vaule, not even blank?

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to set up a workflow field update on a custom object (child to standard Cases)

when the Case is set as closed, have a field update to  update one of the  child record checkboxes to TRUE

the "Rule Criteria" I have tried by now is 

Case__r.IsClosed = TRUE

AND( ISPICKVAL(Case__r.Status, "Cerrado"))

ISPICKVAL(Case__r.Status, "Cerrado")

AND(Case__r.IsClosed )

Case__r.IsClosed 

But nothing..............??

It ´s a look up relationship, I am pretty sure that if it was a master detail it would work (and I would have the option to select the case values from the rule criteria) but now i have to set the criteria with a formula

Any idea? Thanks!!

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me.   I am on a screen for the creation of a Task.   I want to select a contact for this task.   When I do this I get the chance to search all contacts for this new Task.   What I want to do is restrict this to only contacts that are linked to the Account which this task is being created in.   So I think I need to use a Lookup filter on the contact so the searchable records are restricted.   The Contact has a look up relationship in the task that is Lookup(Lead,Contact).   So when I go to edit this I do not get the option to create a look up filter.   Is this due to the look up to the lead and contact?   Am I just not able to do this at this point?

Any ideas or experiences with Look up filters would be appreciated.

Thanks  Paul.

Is there a way to know in a Org how many users are using Salesforce1 App
  • January 09, 2014

I have a flow with  MultiPicklists and  Picklist fieds. I am having trouble in pre populating already selected data on these fields.

I am able to show existing data for Date and text field but not for Multi picklist and Picklist fields. 

This is urgent .Any help is appreciated.

• October 24, 2013

I am calling a visualworkflow from Visaul force page.

i want to update object XYZ  record.I am passing XYZ id as a ABC  variable in Visual force page .In the flow i defined a ABC variable as input type.

I have a screen where i have input fields. I want to copy data from these input fields to XYZ object fields and update the record.

In record Lookup ,i have assigned id of XYZ object to ABC variable and assigned all fields i want to update to variables.

Now i used Record update and in the filter gave criteria as id equals ABC variable.in the section where it says  "Update records with variables,constants,input or other values ' i am not sure what to do here.I see two options

1. Assign XYZ object fields to screen input values-----------------but how will the variables i defined in look up will be updated.

2. Assign XYZ object fields to variables defined in record lookup-------------------------but dont know how these variables will be updated with screen input fields

i checked the documentation and did not find the steps for Record update.Any help is appreciated.

• October 21, 2013

I have configurd "Salesforce for Outlook" in my sandbox and would like to know if it is possible to send emails from outlook to salesforce automatically without clicking on "Add and send "button or clicking on envelop icon when side panel is used.

• June 21, 2013

Is it possible to know number of page views on Salesforce pages,this will help us understand how much time each user is spending on a page .Thanks in advance.

• May 15, 2013

I have an approval process that will send request to manager for approval .Is it possible to force the manager to enter password just to reauthenticate before approving the request.

I do not want the user to be directed to login page as it will confuse the users. Any help is appreciated.

• April 04, 2013

I have Type field on OpportunityLineitem which is different for different products.As users add products ,the list of types should be added to a field on Opportunity.

Eg: product 1 has type 1,Product 2 has Type 2 Product 3 has Type 3 if these products are added ,then field on Opportunity must be type1,type2,type 3.

• January 16, 2013

I have a PDF report that is created using Visualforce . Please let me know if It is possible to send this report as an attachment to external users.

It would be helpful if code is provided.

• January 15, 2013

I have a PDF report that is created using Visualforce . Please let me know if It is possible to send this report as an attachment to external users.

• January 14, 2013

I have an approval process that is sent out to manager. I want to write a batch class to send email template everyday to manager till it is approved.

Any help would be appreciated.

• December 13, 2012

I have a field on Opportunity that calculates number of forecast days 30,60,90 based on todays date. The formula is as below

If( Year(CloseDate) = Year(Today())+1,

IF(MONTH(CloseDate) = MONTH(Today()) , '30 Day',

IF(MONTH(CloseDate) = MONTH(Today()) + 1, '60 Day',

IF(MONTH(CloseDate) = MONTH(Today()) + 2, '90 Day','No'))), 

'No')

This formula doesnt work if close data is 02/01/2013 .The answer should be '90 Day' but it is 'No'.Can anyone help with the formula.

• December 13, 2012

We use Tortoise SVN for versioning.Can anyone provide me SVN plugin for eclipse

• December 12, 2012

I have an approval process on an objects . Is it possible to write Time based workflow rules to send email notifications everyday  reminding the approver to approve.

• November 12, 2012

I have to delete a content but i am unable to as it has a content pack.But when i try to open the content pack to see if the content is there i am getting URL No Longer Exists message  when trying to open the Content pack.

when i try to search content pack in libraries i am not able to find it. How can i delete my content now?

• November 07, 2012

I have Multipicklist fields in XYZ section on opportunity.The same XYZ section is also present in another custom object .i need to populate the fields in XYZ section on opportunity to the section in the custom object.Opportunity(master) and this custom object has master -detail relationship.

can anyone suggest how to write the code for this .Thanks in Advance.

• July 06, 2011

In my Org,Territory codes are assigned to sales reps based on the region Zip codes .Lead assignment rule is written with rule criteria if Territory code XXX assign to User YYY.

Whenever Lead is created through web or CSV file is imported we only have zip codes available. someone has to manually map these zip codes to Territory codes and then based on lead assignment rules it is assigned to appropriate Sales Rep.

the Zip codes will be around 40,000.

is it possible ,whenever lead is created through web ,the lead is assigned automatically to Sales Rep based on Zip code?

• July 01, 2011

Premier Training content not opening in IE 8 browser and Windows 7 Professional OS. I can open in IE 8 browser  and windows xp.i can also open with google chrome browser in Windows 7. After research i found out windows 7 does not support <applet> object that is required to launch the premier training content. i tried all the solutions given in different blogs to enable java applet in windows 7 OS but still i have same issue. i can use other browser but was curious to know if anyone faced this issue and whether there is workaround available.

• June 21, 2011

i have installed Action plan unmanaged EE,UE and DE  2 weeks before in production.It was working fine. last week i tried to deploy some classes and pages into production using changesets. The deployment validation failed as most of the Action Plan classes were below 75%code coverage .I tried deploying using Eclipse IDE .The deployment failed giving list of Action Plan Classes.I am unable to deploy anything in production except to make changes manually.

Do anyone know if there is issue with this app.

We have another Action Plan V2 Managed .We are planning to uninstall Action Plan V3 unmanaged and install this one in production. is it a good idea or Action Plan V2 managed is also having classes with 75% less code coverage.

• June 21, 2011

I am using unlimited edition and in Company information  -i have Salesforce license listed.

My question is does this license cover both sales cloud and service cloud.I can use cases and solution standard object.

In my purchase order it says sales cloud-Unlimitd edition . so i was wondering if service cloud need to be purchased to use it which is $10 more.

sales cloud pricing

http://www.salesforce.com/crm/editions-pricing.jsp

Service cloud pricing

http://www.salesforce.com/crm/editions-pricing-service.js

Any clarification is appreciated.

• June 17, 2011

I have an issue with two users in my organiZation.

1. A user is unable to connect Offline.he is getting 'Failed to make local db call in http:' error after giving user name and password with security token.They is no record of succes in login history . Its not profile issue as other users with same profile can connect Offline.I am able to connect  Offline using this users credentials from my system.

Do anyone know what is the issue.

2. Apex code is written on Custom Object where User(sender) can add comments in the custom field of the object and select users(receivers) and send mail to these users.

All users are able to send emails and the receivers are getting emails.

But the receivers are not getting mails from one user.

when i try sending mails for this user in my system it is working . i guess that the user is not in org network and receivers firewall is blocking mails from salesforce server. if not what could be the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

• May 25, 2011
Is there a way to know in a Org how many users are using Salesforce1 App
  • January 09, 2014

I have configurd "Salesforce for Outlook" in my sandbox and would like to know if it is possible to send emails from outlook to salesforce automatically without clicking on "Add and send "button or clicking on envelop icon when side panel is used.

• June 21, 2013

I have Type field on OpportunityLineitem which is different for different products.As users add products ,the list of types should be added to a field on Opportunity.

Eg: product 1 has type 1,Product 2 has Type 2 Product 3 has Type 3 if these products are added ,then field on Opportunity must be type1,type2,type 3.

• January 16, 2013

• January 15, 2013

I have an approval process that is sent out to manager. I want to write a batch class to send email template everyday to manager till it is approved.

Any help would be appreciated.

• December 13, 2012

I have a field on Opportunity that calculates number of forecast days 30,60,90 based on todays date. The formula is as below

If( Year(CloseDate) = Year(Today())+1,

IF(MONTH(CloseDate) = MONTH(Today()) , '30 Day',

IF(MONTH(CloseDate) = MONTH(Today()) + 1, '60 Day',

IF(MONTH(CloseDate) = MONTH(Today()) + 2, '90 Day','No'))), 

'No')

This formula doesnt work if close data is 02/01/2013 .The answer should be '90 Day' but it is 'No'.Can anyone help with the formula.

• December 13, 2012

We use Tortoise SVN for versioning.Can anyone provide me SVN plugin for eclipse

• December 12, 2012

I have an approval process on an objects . Is it possible to write Time based workflow rules to send email notifications everyday  reminding the approver to approve.

• November 12, 2012

I have to delete a content but i am unable to as it has a content pack.But when i try to open the content pack to see if the content is there i am getting URL No Longer Exists message  when trying to open the Content pack.

when i try to search content pack in libraries i am not able to find it. How can i delete my content now?

• November 07, 2012

HI, i have checkbox and text dataype i.e status and points, if the status is active then it will enable the point textbox otherwise it should be disable the textbox (points) ,so how can i do the validation so kindly let me know ASAP.

I have Multipicklist fields in XYZ section on opportunity.The same XYZ section is also present in another custom object .i need to populate the fields in XYZ section on opportunity to the section in the custom object.Opportunity(master) and this custom object has master -detail relationship.

can anyone suggest how to write the code for this .Thanks in Advance.

• July 06, 2011

Newbee Question: I have some legacy Excel files with very large numbers of columns. It would be VERY TIME CONSUMING to use the Setup menu to create the schemas for the objects I want to populate with data, so I was hoping I could use either Dataloader or the Import wizard to import an object that is completely new (i.e. that does not already have a schema definition in Salesforce).

When I run Dataloader:

(1) Object rerquired: It insists that I specify an existing object, but

(2) Undefined fields: it appears, at first, to accept a CSV file with new columns (for which there are no predefined fields)

The import runs smoothly without errors, but I see nothing in the database.

Please tell me if what I am attempting is even possible. If not, is there a 3rd party application that does this?

Thanks,

John (pluviosilla@gmail.com)

In my Org,Territory codes are assigned to sales reps based on the region Zip codes .Lead assignment rule is written with rule criteria if Territory code XXX assign to User YYY.

Whenever Lead is created through web or CSV file is imported we only have zip codes available. someone has to manually map these zip codes to Territory codes and then based on lead assignment rules it is assigned to appropriate Sales Rep.

the Zip codes will be around 40,000.

is it possible ,whenever lead is created through web ,the lead is assigned automatically to Sales Rep based on Zip code?

• July 01, 2011

Hello,

I am trying to make a Leads VR to make sure no-one can change a "lead source" after it is created.
I have came up with following formula

AND(ISCHANGED(LeadSource), NOT(ISPICKVAL(LeadSource , "")))

It does pop up the message if someone will try to change but if it doesn't show the message if l change lead source to blank.
Can someone please assist me to wirte a correct VR for no-one can change a "lead source" to other vaule, not even blank?

Thanks