• 29 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm looking for an alternative to passing selected records from a List View via the URL.  Here is how I'm currently doing it, but I'm running into IE URL limits when more than 100 records are selected.  This is a custom List view button executing JavaScript.

var ids = {!GETRECORDIDS( $ObjectType.Account )};

if(ids.length < 1 ) {
alert('Please select at least one Account.')
}
else {
// window.open('/apex/Quick_Email?rec='+ids.join(',')+'&retURL=001/o');
window.location='/apex/Quick_Email?rec='+ids.join(',')+'&retURL=001/o';
}

What other methods could I implement?

• August 15, 2011

Once a Contract has been activated is there any way to deactivate it and set the status back to Draft?

We have a production force.com site that is public but cannot be accessed from within a corporate network.

We need to whitelist the appropriate ip address (or addresses) that are applicable for this force.com site.

An nslookup for our force.com domain shows the end point is actually an akamaiedge.net domain, but the ip address varies.

Has anyone come across this before?  Is there a whitelist available for ip addresses related to force.com sites, ie. that includes the possible akamai ip addresses used as well as the standard salesforce.com whitelist ranges

Any help gratefully received.

I have an custom object   which has more than 1000 records in it. Able to retrieve only 1000 records above that it is throwing an error... How to retrieve more than 1000 records on a single soql query?

• August 16, 2011

Hi

I want to display report like this

Invoice No : 1                                          Invoice Total : 1000

Item1                    100                       1000

Invoice No : 2                                            Invoice Total : 3400

Item1                  100            10         1000

Item2                 200              12        2400

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Total : 4400

Thanks

I'm looking for an alternative to passing selected records from a List View via the URL.  Here is how I'm currently doing it, but I'm running into IE URL limits when more than 100 records are selected.  This is a custom List view button executing JavaScript.

var ids = {!GETRECORDIDS( $ObjectType.Account )};

if(ids.length < 1 ) {
alert('Please select at least one Account.')
}
else {
// window.open('/apex/Quick_Email?rec='+ids.join(',')+'&retURL=001/o');
window.location='/apex/Quick_Email?rec='+ids.join(',')+'&retURL=001/o';
}

What other methods could I implement?

• August 15, 2011

I have a spreadsheet with 15k rows that I would like to bounce the data against Salesforce to get the Salesforce ID, what is the best way to accomplish this?  I know I can break it down into 1k rows and feed it into force.com explorer but I am looking for an easier to manage process. How is everyone else accomplishing this?

• August 15, 2011

Hi,

I have created one vf page where i have listed all the roles from the org.

When i click on particular role to view detail page, i get the following error message,

"An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

May i know why this error is coming and how to resolve this issue?

Cheers,
Devendra S

I have a business process(Lead Process) that is controlling picklist values for Standard filed Status in lead. Now i want to fetch picklist values that are available at the time of lead conversion for that business process in apex.

When i am querying picklist values using this query

SELECT Id , MasterLabel FROM LeadStatus WHERE IsConverted='1'

it gives all the picklist values for the Converted Status not particularly for that business process.

Can anyone help me on this?

I have the following validation rule written thus far to use a Vlookup on a custom object to verify that another record has not been created with the same name

and(
        Name = VLOOKUP        
            ($ObjectType.Finale_Asset__c.Fields.Name,
            $ObjectType.Finale_Asset__c.Fields.Name, Name ),
    not(
     Id=VLOOKUP
         ( $ObjectType.Finale_Asset__c.Fields.Id ,$ObjectType.Finale_Asset__c.Fields.Name, Name )))

This indexes against all other Finale Assets to confirm the name is not the same and then does a check to make sure that it is not producing an error message because it found itself.

I need to expand this to include another field, a picklist with different asset types.

Ultimately the rule should work as follows.

An individual can not create a new record with the same name and type as an existing record.  A record can have the same name and a different type.

We could have Name = Doc A  Type = Document and Name = Doc A Type = Rule but not

Name = Doc A Type = Document and Name = Doc A  Type = Document.

Can anybody provide some assistance in getting the picklist portion of the rule included in this validation rule.  Where I'm coming across trouble is becuase it is a picklist, there is a limited number of formulas to try and work around this with, since we can't do another VLOOKUP against a picklist.

Thanks!