• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi!
We´ve a big problem in our company.

When our team started to work with Salesforce here, there were a lot of customizations that has been done previously.

With this thousands of customizations, thousands of problems has been created as well.Some examples of problems:

- More than 200 sharing rules.

- More than 300 custom fields in account(we believe that 150 is rubish)

- Workflows that doesn´t works.

- Triggers and classes confused

- Lots of custom objects(unecessary)

Now, we´ve to develop new projects(customizations and integrations with legacy systems).What´s the best pratices to this case: Fix all problems in this ORG or Start using a new one and migrate the customizations from the old one?

Thanks so much!

Hugo

Hi!
We´ve a big problem in our company.

When our team started to work with Salesforce here, there were a lot of customizations that has been done previously.

With this thousands of customizations, thousands of problems has been created as well.Some examples of problems:

- More than 200 sharing rules.

- More than 300 custom fields in account(we believe that 150 is rubish)

- Workflows that doesn´t works.

- Triggers and classes confused

- Lots of custom objects(unecessary)

Now, we´ve to develop new projects(customizations and integrations with legacy systems).What´s the best pratices to this case: Fix all problems in this ORG or Start using a new one and migrate the customizations from the old one?

Thanks so much!

Hugo

I am successfully using the command line interface of the sForce Data Loader to extract data.  However, I am having problems using SOQL statements with a WHERE clause like:

The statement below generates a "Error in Query: missing Select" message. The statement directly out of the config.properties file after running successfully using the GUI interface.

java -jar sforcedataloader.jar entity=Account operation=extract extractionSOQL="Select Id, Name FROM Account WHERE RecordTypeId \!= '0123000000004lXAAQ'" extractionTarget=C:\\Projects\\Salesforce\\Data\\accounts.csv

I have tried every combination of escape characters I can think of to get this syntax to work.  Can anybody help me out??

• July 06, 2005