• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

A couple quick questions about Siteforce functionality:

1. I know that siteforce and data access is in pilot mode.  With that being said, the demos out there show displaying data on a site utilizing the siteforce data components.  Will siteforce have the ability to add/update data?  For example, I have a custom 'Training Session' object.  I want to create pages in siteforce with a form that captures information about a training session and creates a new record to the 'Training Session' object.
  2. If add/updating data is not going to be possible utilizing Siteforce, is it possible (or make sense) to create a site utilizing siteforce pages along with the traditional visualforce pages?  It seems that you would have more data flexibility with the visualforce pages.  We like the Siteforce component as it makes it very easy to update content on pages.  We would apply this to pages that the marketing team would/could update.  We would then use visualforce pages for more data "processing".

Thanks in advance!

As someone who is trying to port an existing site to Site.Com, there are three issues with the way Site.Com has implemented the HTML editor when editing a Custom Code element or using Edit HTML to edit a content block:

1. Word wrap is disabled by default and there is no way to turn it on. This means that long lines just extend into infinity off the right edge of the screen and one has to either scroll left and right, or manually insert hard returns in order to make text readable (not an elegant solution since the width of the HTML editor in the overlay is hard-coded to be based on the size of the underlying window, which will vary from person to person). Either make Word Wrap user-selectable, or turn it on by default.

2. There is no way to search the code in the editor. Using a browser window search only searches the underlying page content, not the contents of the editor overlay. This makes editing extended content a chore.

3. The number of spaces that TAB replaces needs to be a configurable option, not an arbitrary number.

I find myself having to copy code out of Site.Com into my own text editor to make changes and then copy it back, which is really a clumsy solution.

A couple quick questions about Siteforce functionality:

1. I know that siteforce and data access is in pilot mode.  With that being said, the demos out there show displaying data on a site utilizing the siteforce data components.  Will siteforce have the ability to add/update data?  For example, I have a custom 'Training Session' object.  I want to create pages in siteforce with a form that captures information about a training session and creates a new record to the 'Training Session' object.
  2. If add/updating data is not going to be possible utilizing Siteforce, is it possible (or make sense) to create a site utilizing siteforce pages along with the traditional visualforce pages?  It seems that you would have more data flexibility with the visualforce pages.  We like the Siteforce component as it makes it very easy to update content on pages.  We would apply this to pages that the marketing team would/could update.  We would then use visualforce pages for more data "processing".

Thanks in advance!

I am researching whether or not we can build a siteforce page that supports multiple languages and dynamically changes the language displayed based on the user's browser language settings.  I can't find anything within Siteforce (I'm playing with it in my dev org) or in any documentation to make me think this is possible.  If I want to support multiple languages, should I be sticking with Force.com Sites?

I've created a pre-release developer sandbox to test out Winter '12 and have been working with Siteforce.

I'd like to experiment with exposing a Salesforce object (custom or standard) via Siteforce - I attended a demo at Dreamforce that did this exact thing. However, I can't see anyway to do this and the help has no information on this.

Can someone confirm if this feature is not in the current release or am I failing to spot the option somewhere.

Hi,

How do i get site force enabled in my Org? I had been hearing for a while now that site force would be GA  but never heard anything officially. Can any one let me know please.

Thanks.

• August 15, 2011

Hi 

I'm looking into Siteforce, I read this post - Siteforce - Pilot in Spring'11 

included [If you are not already enrolled in the pilot and wish to be, then please contact your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager.]

I want to use trial(pilot program) of Siteforce. 

but, I don't know how contact my Account Executive or Customer Success Manager. 

and I can't find Siteforce tab in my saleforce.com Home. 

How can I be enrolled Siteforce Pilot program? 

any reply would be appreciated

Is there anybody knows when Siteforce application is available?