• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created a custom object called Quote__c which I am trying to hookup an approval process.

When a record gets submitted into the approval process I have conditions on each of the approval steps.  

What I am trying to accomplish here is I want all Quote objects to be submitted for approval.  If conditions are such that no approval is required then still perform the "Initial Submission Actions"...and when none of the formulas for the steps evaluate to true then approve the record and perform the "Final Approval Actions".  In this way I can use the "Actions" to do field updates and such to put the Quote record into appropriate statuses.

What happens right now is that after submitting for approval the "Initial Submission Actions" execute...but then it instantly rejects and executes the "Final Rejection Actions".

This may be by design...however, what is interesting is that if you view the "Diagram" for my approval process it shows the process flows for executing the "Final Approval Actions" if the formula for the last step does not trigger assignment.

Any ideas here?

I have created a custom object called Quote__c which I am trying to hookup an approval process.

When a record gets submitted into the approval process I have conditions on each of the approval steps.  

What I am trying to accomplish here is I want all Quote objects to be submitted for approval.  If conditions are such that no approval is required then still perform the "Initial Submission Actions"...and when none of the formulas for the steps evaluate to true then approve the record and perform the "Final Approval Actions".  In this way I can use the "Actions" to do field updates and such to put the Quote record into appropriate statuses.

What happens right now is that after submitting for approval the "Initial Submission Actions" execute...but then it instantly rejects and executes the "Final Rejection Actions".

This may be by design...however, what is interesting is that if you view the "Diagram" for my approval process it shows the process flows for executing the "Final Approval Actions" if the formula for the last step does not trigger assignment.

Any ideas here?