• 50 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a multi-select picklist on the Account Object.  We want to see(reference) that field on the Opportunity object. 

Is there a workaround to do this since the multi-select can't be used in a formula field?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Hi all

My minds not performing as well as it should today (late night :-) and grappling with this problem for about an hour and can't see a solution.

I have three check boxes (we'll say CheckBox1_c, CheckBox2_c and CheckBox3_c) that I need to validate that only 1 out of the 3 = TRUE and the rest are FALSE, but one must = TRUE, when the record is saved.

The error message to appear at the top of the page would be something like "You must choose at least one check box, and only one check box, in the XXXXXX Section. Please modify."

If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi

I need to restrict a few Profiles from changing the 'Lead Owner' and 'Accout Owner' fields on records that they actually own.

I have managed to build a Lead VR, with some help from SteveMo, that works nicely:

NOT(ISNEW())
&&
AND (( $Profile.Name=='Business Development Manager' ||
$Profile.Name=='Standard User' ||
$Profile.Name=='Read Only' ), ISCHANGED(OwnerId))

This VR allows a New Lead to be created, saved and converted, but stops a Lead being re-assigned by these 3 Profiles after it's created.

But I still haven't been able to write an Account VR that doesn't interfere with a Lead being converted.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi

My client is looking for a Certified SF Administrator for their Head Office located in Melbourne, Australia.

The company is a cutting edge web business growing at a very fast rate and requires a SF Admin who knows their stuff, has good BA and PM skills and can help them build-out their implementation further.

This opportunity is only for residents of Australia, or those that have the right to work in Australia, or have an Australian Passport and planning to return. This is not a work sponsorship opportunity.

If interested please message me or send an email to domainservices1 [ at ] gmail.com and we can make a time to catch up for a discussion.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi all

I thought I could achieve this with a workflow and field update but no :-(  From research it looks like the only choice maybe a trigger? Anyones advice would be appreciated.

This is what I'm trying to do:

An approval process has been setup for Contracts and we only allow one contract to be created per Opportunity. When a Contract is approved in the Approval Process and and the Contract 'Status' pick list field is changed to 'Activated' then I want the 'Stage' pick-list field in that Opportunity to be auto updated/changed to 'Closed Won'.

Almost forgot, the Opportunity Stage value will be 'Closed Won Pending Approval' when the Contract is approved, just in case yuo may be wondering why the Oppotunuty Stage isn't already set at 'Closed Won'

Any ideas? Is a trigger the only way?

Thanks

Hi all

My minds not performing as well as it should today (late night :-) and grappling with this problem for about an hour and can't see a solution.

I have three check boxes (we'll say CheckBox1_c, CheckBox2_c and CheckBox3_c) that I need to validate that only 1 out of the 3 = TRUE and the rest are FALSE, but one must = TRUE, when the record is saved.

The error message to appear at the top of the page would be something like "You must choose at least one check box, and only one check box, in the XXXXXX Section. Please modify."

If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sean

I have a multi-select picklist on the Account Object.  We want to see(reference) that field on the Opportunity object. 

Is there a workaround to do this since the multi-select can't be used in a formula field?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Hi

I need to restrict a few Profiles from changing the 'Lead Owner' and 'Accout Owner' fields on records that they actually own.

I have managed to build a Lead VR, with some help from SteveMo, that works nicely:

NOT(ISNEW())
&&
AND (( $Profile.Name=='Business Development Manager' ||
$Profile.Name=='Standard User' ||
$Profile.Name=='Read Only' ), ISCHANGED(OwnerId))

This VR allows a New Lead to be created, saved and converted, but stops a Lead being re-assigned by these 3 Profiles after it's created.

But I still haven't been able to write an Account VR that doesn't interfere with a Lead being converted.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi all

I thought I could achieve this with a workflow and field update but no :-(  From research it looks like the only choice maybe a trigger? Anyones advice would be appreciated.

This is what I'm trying to do:

An approval process has been setup for Contracts and we only allow one contract to be created per Opportunity. When a Contract is approved in the Approval Process and and the Contract 'Status' pick list field is changed to 'Activated' then I want the 'Stage' pick-list field in that Opportunity to be auto updated/changed to 'Closed Won'.

Almost forgot, the Opportunity Stage value will be 'Closed Won Pending Approval' when the Contract is approved, just in case yuo may be wondering why the Oppotunuty Stage isn't already set at 'Closed Won'

Any ideas? Is a trigger the only way?

Thanks

Hi, 

I have a datetime field and need to use it in a formula field. When I use TEXT( ClosedDate ) it outputs the time like this 2011-07-22 21:32:48Z. What does the word "Z" mean in this output and what time zone is it in? My org is in North America, the user is in Pacific Time Zone and the output seems like GMT but am not sure coz I was expecting 8 hours to be the difference between PST and GMT.

Is there a way to display datetime in user's time zone in a formula field?

Thanks in adv.

• July 22, 2011