• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have a managed package that installed fine last week but for some reason is failing for fresh installations. However if I install an older version (pre winter 12 release) and then update it with the latest version on the package (post winter 12 release) the installation works. All unit tests run fine and none have the run on install flag set to true.

The only thing I can think of is that some of my apex classes are set to use a higher API version in the newer release (so these a combination of API versions 21 and 23 in the package.

The error message from the failed installation gives me no information.

Even creating and installing an unmanged package fails.

Has anyone else run into this?

cheers

Brad

Hi,

Does anyone know if the "Allow Inline Editing" setting for a salesforce org is exposed in the API? I figured it might be part of the Organization class but it ain't there.

thanks

Brad

I have a custom app in a managed package and have set the logo for it to a custom image (via the "Logo" property of the custom app detail section) - but once the package gets installed to a client org the logo for the app reverts back to the default salesforce one. The logo image is part of the package but looks like it would need to be set manually post package installation.

Is there any way around this?

cheers

Brad

Hi,

I'm in the process of submitting our salesforce app for a security review (first time I've gone thru this process). Our app communicates with a .Net webservice so I understand that the webservice has to go against a preliminary check with the BURP proxy scanner.

I've run it against the BURP "scanner" tool and it comes up clean (no issues or errors) - is that all there is to it or do I have to run the BURP "intruder" tool also?

I'm also told that I'm supposed to submit the BURP report as part of my security submission. But since I have no issues with the scanner I can't even generate a report (since it only reports on issues). What do I do in this case?

thanks

Hi,

I have a managed package that installed fine last week but for some reason is failing for fresh installations. However if I install an older version (pre winter 12 release) and then update it with the latest version on the package (post winter 12 release) the installation works. All unit tests run fine and none have the run on install flag set to true.

The only thing I can think of is that some of my apex classes are set to use a higher API version in the newer release (so these a combination of API versions 21 and 23 in the package.

The error message from the failed installation gives me no information.

Even creating and installing an unmanged package fails.

Has anyone else run into this?

cheers

Brad