• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Community, 

Currently We are implementing Salesforce Community with Custom Registration page and using the Site.ValidatePassword standard method to validate the password.
Now since we are sending new User to be created as a parameter to this Method.
We were under impression that the Profile level Password Policies will be enforced but unfortunately its taking Org Wide Password Policies which we dont want. 

Please note the User is yet to be created but we assigned the Profile ID to the new User instance that is getting passed as parameter to above method.

Can you please confirm if the we are missing something here ?

Thank you,
Ganesh
Hello All, 

We are working on one of our client requirement to have a barcode scanning fucntionlity on Salesforce1.
Requirement reads as, on One Custom object we got barcode image and barcode number.
We need a search functionality where User may click an image of barcode or provide the same from the application tray from mobile and based on barcode scan, it will search for available barcode records if any and returns the same.

Would appriciate your help on this.
Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if we can include Dependent Picklist into Visual Worklfow, I am tring same but not getting desired result.

Can anybody explain how these can be achieved.

thanks in advance :)

Hi all

I want to know if Web based Visual workflow can be used in multilingual environment, I have created different textboxes to get inputs from User, is there any way I can rename the labels for this textboxes as per languages?
can we use Translation workbench to achieve this?
Please let me know a possible workarounds for this

Thanks  in advance :)

Hi guys,

I got some work related to removing duplicate prduct entries from Salesforce org, complete scenario as,

We had created to custom priceboks called Australia and NewZealand and seperatly inserted products in the same.

later we come to know that, there are many products which are actually same but get created seperatly for each of the pricebook(As u all aware that single product can exist in multiple pricebook). so I want to removed this duplicated products.

Main problem is that, the salesforce environment is Live, and there are lot more opportunities having references to this products, so I can't directly delete this products.

So is there any solution for this problem

Thanks in advance.

regards.

Hi all,

I had created a customer portal using my Developer org, but it's having some Login related  problems, whenever i try to login as new user, i first had to provide email address & on that email address salesforce provides first time password but in my case i'm only getting error messages as

------------------------------------------------------Email--------------------------------------------------------------

We appreciate your interest in registering for an account with "My company name" Customer Portal. However, your signup was not completed due to temporary technical reasons detailed below. Please contact the portal administrator if you have any questions.

Thank you,

'My company name'  Customer Support

Unfortunately, you are ineligible for registering an account at this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so please provide me any solution for this.

Thanks in advance..........

Hello All, 

We are working on one of our client requirement to have a barcode scanning fucntionlity on Salesforce1.
Requirement reads as, on One Custom object we got barcode image and barcode number.
We need a search functionality where User may click an image of barcode or provide the same from the application tray from mobile and based on barcode scan, it will search for available barcode records if any and returns the same.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Community, 

Currently We are implementing Salesforce Community with Custom Registration page and using the Site.ValidatePassword standard method to validate the password.
Now since we are sending new User to be created as a parameter to this Method.
We were under impression that the Profile level Password Policies will be enforced but unfortunately its taking Org Wide Password Policies which we dont want. 

Please note the User is yet to be created but we assigned the Profile ID to the new User instance that is getting passed as parameter to above method.

Can you please confirm if the we are missing something here ?

Thank you,
Ganesh
Hello All, 

Thanks in advance.

I seem to remember learning this at some point but cannot find it. How would you (if possible) concatenate two values (ideally two input fields) into a variable?

Example Case - I have a Form Question for State and a Form Question for Expense Type. I want the Variable to grab the State value and the Expense Type value and concatenate so I can allocate that to a text field. Similar to merge fields I guess.

Can this be done?

Hi all

I want to know if Web based Visual workflow can be used in multilingual environment, I have created different textboxes to get inputs from User, is there any way I can rename the labels for this textboxes as per languages?
can we use Translation workbench to achieve this?
Please let me know a possible workarounds for this

Thanks  in advance :)

I have a simple flow to create a Case record in Salesforce. I have Status and Priority fields(dropdown) on Screen element and have mapped these to the corresponding Case fields on Record Create Element.

However, my case is getting created but the picklist fields are not getting updated with the selected dropdown values. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Also I'm looking up Contact details and saving the Contact ID in a variable. I'm trying to use this variable for ContactId lookup on Case while creating the case. However, even the Contact on Case is not getting populated. Could someone please guide me?

Hi all,

I had created a customer portal using my Developer org, but it's having some Login related  problems, whenever i try to login as new user, i first had to provide email address & on that email address salesforce provides first time password but in my case i'm only getting error messages as

------------------------------------------------------Email--------------------------------------------------------------

We appreciate your interest in registering for an account with "My company name" Customer Portal. However, your signup was not completed due to temporary technical reasons detailed below. Please contact the portal administrator if you have any questions.

Thank you,

'My company name'  Customer Support

Unfortunately, you are ineligible for registering an account at this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so please provide me any solution for this.

Thanks in advance..........