• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Could somebody explain in detail the use of WITH DATA CATEGORY in SOQL ??

Thanks

Chinnu

• September 11, 2012

Hi,

As it is known that Sales Processes on Opportunity, Support Processes on Case  and so on .... are used to maintain values in "Stage" field on Opportunity (or) maintain values in "Status" field on Case and so on ...

And then the sales process created is assigned to a record type ...

My Question is ... why is this maintained as a seperate function in salesforce? We can do the same thing using just record types, add the new values to the "Stage" field and assign the values as per need to the record types ?

Thanks

GNR

• September 09, 2012

Hi...

Is there a way to override the Approve/Reject standard page with a vf page or customize the same standard page ??

Please let me know.

Thanks

chinnu

• September 05, 2011

Hi,

Could anybody please let me know the validity of the authorization token which we get from saleforce with respect to REST API.

Thanks

chinnu

• August 08, 2011

Hi,

I am new to REST API.

I want to know if it is possible to connect to salesforce using REST API and do create/modify/retreive operations on the objects.

Please provide me inputs.

Please provide me with some sample code if any.

Thanks

chinnu

• August 05, 2011

Hi,

Is there a way to encrypt data using Blowfish algorithm in salesforce ?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks

Nagaraj

• August 04, 2011

Hi,

Is there a way to add a new related list to the user detail page.

By default we have related lists like

1. Personal Groups

2. Public Group membership

3. Queue Membership

4. Login History

etc ...

Please let me know if we can add a related list of a custom object which has a lookup to User.

Thanks

chinnu

• August 03, 2011

Hi,

I want to know the possible ways for accessing salesforce objects from external app.

PS: examples, help links, sample code would be helpful

Thanks

Nagaraja Reddy G

• August 02, 2011

Hi all,

I had come across this requirement below ...

I need to process the inbound email using the Email Services and upload the attachements if any in the email to an external server ..

I am able to configure the Email Service, create the apex class and process the subject and body text.

Now, I need to get the attachment from the email and upload it to an external server.

Is there any way to upload the attachment file using apex.

Thanks in Advance ...

chinnu

• August 01, 2011

Please note that I don't want to know the interval between logins - I want to know how many minutes (or hours) elapsed between a login and the subsequent logout. Is it possible to calculate this in SFDC, using any combination of technologies?

Thanks,

• December 20, 2012

Hi All,

I have configured a simple Approval process with 3 steps.  I have selected a common email template in 'Approval Assignment Email Template', expecting the same email to be sent at every step.

Email is sent only for the first 2  steps, not on the third step(final step).  The actions(field updates) I added in step 1 and step 2 are performing good.  Only the email is not being sent in the final step.  What am I doing wrong? Any other settings to be changed?  Anything needs to be done for the final step?

In detail:

I have Stage picklist with values Created(default), Verified, Supported, Approved.

Entry criteria in to approval process: ALL

Approval Assignment Email Template: Selected (Approval Email Template Name)

Step 1: if Status =Created, assign to a user1.

Approval Action: Update Status to 'Verified'  

Step 2: if Status = Verified, assign to user2.

Approval Action: Update Status to 'Supported'

Step 3: if Status = Supported, assign to user3

Approval Action: Update Status to 'Approved'

Process I followed:

When I create a record, since the status is 'Created', it gets into Step 1 and I receive the default email.  Now, I approve it.

The status changed to ' Verified' as per Step 1 approval action.  - FINE

Now, it goes into step 2 as status is 'Verified', yes I got an email. Now, I approve this too. That status changed to 'Supported' as per the approval action in Step 2 - FINE 

Not the status is 'Supported',  it should send me an email not as we are into Step 3.  But here, I dont get an email !! 

The default email will not be sent in the final step?

( I know, I have not setup the the final approval actions.  But I am still in step 3. I need to get an email as I enter step 3.   I am not looking for an email after approving step3, am still in step 3 )

Please let me know if am doing anything wrong here.

Thanks

Has anyone stored / handled / send replies email communications on Lead and Opportunity Object? (mainly replies, back and forth communications with customers)

I want to send emails from within Salesforce, store customer response at Opportunity/Lead record and send reply to customer response from within Salesforce.

Any insight would be helpful!

Hello

We are amidst development of an internal Enterprise iPad App for our client, which is a Salesforce Cloud based CRM user. They want to gather certain data related to a customer and send those summary fields onto the Salesforce CRM as an opportunity. Let me know where i can get information of pushing the data onto the Salesforce CRM from a third party App.

Best.

Prasad

Hi Friends,

We have customer portal and tab on the customer portal is made accessible to the outside public.So when customer clicks on the tab then user information is passed to the web service on the company's server running behind the firewall.

Everythjing has been programmed like this.

Visual force page on the portal runs function in the class which runs on the salesforce server.Now this class sends information to the web service on the server.

Since firewall was creating problem so we got salesforce IP addresses added on the server so that salesforce can access that web service.However,we still have issues

Now my question

Since customer accessing this webservice is a portal customer and I know that customer portal are assigned portal profile to the customer.Is there anything I need to do to the customer portal or after adding Ip addresses on the server I do not have to do anything to the customer portal profile.

Can somebody throw some light on this?

Thanks,
Ganpat

Hi,

I am trying to do an integration with Share Point from an apex trigger.

I have a Web Service on Share Point I can call with a callout from the trigger using HTTPRequest.

The main issue is, how do I authenticate the Share Point user in order to make this call?

Does anyone have experience with authenticating a user on another domain from SF?

Thanks,

WW 

I am using a VisualForce page for our Yammer embedded feeds and I am trying to modify some CSS via jQuery. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong, but the jQuery event won't execute and there for there is no CSS modification happening. Here is my code:

<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.YamEmbedJ}"/>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(window).load(function(){
$('yj-message-container').css('padding-left','40px');
});
</script>

The YamEmbedJ is a static resource of the jQuery library. I have also tried (document).ready event firing and no luck. Any assistance is appreciated.

how to use codes written in java in apex aur visualforce.

• December 14, 2012

Hi,

I am integrating external system with Salesforce.As external application exposed REST API.

So what would be the best practice to store the end points of this external systems in salesforce.

The approach I knows is

1 . Create a Interface and put all end point as interface variable i.e static final

2. Store all end point in custom setting

Anyone has a good idea on the above scenario or other approach please share with me.

Thanks in adavance

Happy Holiday

Hi,

As it is known that Sales Processes on Opportunity, Support Processes on Case  and so on .... are used to maintain values in "Stage" field on Opportunity (or) maintain values in "Status" field on Case and so on ...

And then the sales process created is assigned to a record type ...

My Question is ... why is this maintained as a seperate function in salesforce? We can do the same thing using just record types, add the new values to the "Stage" field and assign the values as per need to the record types ?

Thanks

GNR

• September 09, 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to encrypt data using Blowfish algorithm in salesforce ?

Thanks

Nagaraj

• August 04, 2011

Hi,

Is there a way to add a new related list to the user detail page.

By default we have related lists like

1. Personal Groups

2. Public Group membership

3. Queue Membership

4. Login History

etc ...

Please let me know if we can add a related list of a custom object which has a lookup to User.

Thanks

chinnu

• August 03, 2011

Hi,

How to convert the below query into string??

query=[select count() from Account where createddate>:Date.Today()];

Thanks in advance,

• August 02, 2011

Hi all,

I had come across this requirement below ...

I need to process the inbound email using the Email Services and upload the attachements if any in the email to an external server ..

I am able to configure the Email Service, create the apex class and process the subject and body text.

Now, I need to get the attachment from the email and upload it to an external server.

Is there any way to upload the attachment file using apex.

Thanks in Advance ...

chinnu

• August 01, 2011

Hi

Is there a way in Apex, to find if a Record is Locked?

I am not talking about the ProcessInstance Status here.

I can get the Status = 'Pending' from the ProcessInstance's TargetObjectID.

But it can be possible that the Status is 'Approved' and the record is still locked, waiting for the next in hierarchy to Approve it.

So, how do we find if a Record is Locked?

Message Edited by Suri on 08-11-2009 03:07 PM
  • August 11, 2009