• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there,
Is there a way to achieve this in SF.
When you close the case the Article does not attach to the email.  The User has to go back in and Send An Email from Activity History. I tried creating a workflow rule on status "closed" and included the "Attach article as pdf" merge field in the email template, but it did not attach the article. Does anyone know how this can be achieved.
Thanks!

Hi there,

The Do Not Reply emails that are sent to the customers when their Case is added, updated, closed, etc. needs to allow the customer to reply to it and have it come back into SFDC and automatically update the Case with this email (Activity History or Comments) and send an email notification to the Case Owner. Is there a way in which this can be implemented in SFDC.
Thanks!

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any function called Quarter that could be used in a formula. I know there is Day, Month & Year.

Basically, I am trying to do fire off a workflow rule, if the date is not in this quarter.

Any Suggestions?

Hi,
I am using the standard SFDC attachment on a force.com site, but get error when uploading a large file, could you confirm whats the size of the attachment that can be attached using the sites page. Also is there a way to attach multiple files.

VF Page:

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                <apex:outputText value="Upload your Attachment"/>
                <apex:inputFile accept="doc,txt,pdf" filename="{!fileName}" contentType="{!contentType}" size="28" value="{!Attach}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
Controller:
public PageReference save(){
        if(recIdLst.size()>0 && attach != null){
            try{
                arg.recordTypeId=recIdLst.get(0).id;
                insert arg;
                Attachment att = new Attachment();
                att.Body = attach;
                att.Name = fileName;
                att.ContentType = contentType;
                att.ParentId = arg.id;
                insert(att);
                return new pageReference('/apex/Complete');
            }catch(System.DMLException e){
                   ApexPages.addMessages(e);
            } 
Thanks!

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with a formula. Here is the scenario:

Product object has a field called Status
User object has a field called User_Status 

I am trying to create a formula which would display a value on the Product object as "True" or "False" if the Product status field = User status field.
Please note: The user status field could have multiple value

ex: Product has Status field as "Awake"
User status has field as Awake, Sleep, Not Sleepy

Now the Formula should display True based on the above scenario, since Awake is listed as one of the option.
Any Suggestions :smileyindifferent:
Thanks!

Hi,

I am not sure if this is considered as an integration but here is what i am trying to achive.

We have an external cloud based system which stores information. What we are trying to achieve, is to have a link in that system which when clicked opens the login page for salesforce & when logged in gives the relevant page in Salesforce.

How can you have a dynamic URL in a external system linking to Salesforce.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am trying to populate a field with the quarter in which the record was submitted but i want this quarter field to be display according to the Org System time and not the logged in user.

Is there a way to user user.logged in ="System Admin" in the trigger which would display this field according to the System admin settings.

Is there any way to capture the Org System time?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a custom object which is on the detail side of the Opportunity object. When the user goes to the related list thru the Opportunity and click new, he is directed to the Edit page of the custom object. When the user hits save i would like to redirect them back to the Opp page.

Does anyone know how this can be achieved.

Thanks!

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could share your experience working with professional edition.

I am trying to create an email alert with some significant fields that is automatically send out during lead conversion i.e when a Lead is converted to an account.

As a next step, I would take the fields from the email to an API that would automatically populate that relevant businesses profile in our data base.

Is this possible with the professional edition?

Thanks for your comments.

Hi,

I am wondering if someone could share their experience in dealing with this kind of situtation and any work around that you might have implemented.

I am trying to trigger an email alert whenever a record with a specfic amount is either approved or rejected. I created a workflow with the specified entry criteria and added email alert as an action.

During testing,I found out that when the record is approved, it does not trigger the email alert even though it meets the rule criteria. The only way to make the workflow fire up is by doing an edit to the record.

How can i trigger an email alert when the record with a particular amount is submitted for approval and becomes approved or rejected.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks!

Hi,

Do you know how we can automate the sharing process for reassigned approvers?

When an record is submitted for approval, sometimes it is needed to change an approver during the approval flow. There is a reassign button available for this purpose. However if the approval is reassigned the new approver runs into an error because the new approver does not get automatic sharing rights on the record. I can manually fix that with the sharing button. Is there a way to automate this process such that when i try to reassign a record to the new approver, it automatically gives the approver access to the record.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks!

I am trying to display the knowledge articles associated with a case in an email template.
The code I am using is:-

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Test" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Case"> <messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

Hello {!recipient.name}-- This is the Article provided for your case Case Number: {!relatedTo.CaseNumber}-- Subject: {!relatedTo.Subject}--

<apex:repeat value="{!relatedTo.CaseArticles}" var="sol"> {!sol.KnowledgeArticle.ArticleNumber}  {!sol.KnowledgeArticle.Id}  {!sol.KnowledgeArticle.ArticleNumber}  {!sol.KnowledgeArticle.ArticleNumber}

</apex:repeat>

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody> 
</messaging:emailTemplate>

This works to a point in that it will display the details of hte Article Type__ka records for the associated Knowledge Articles, but I want to display the vlaues of the actal Article which are in the Article Type__kav object.
Is there any way to achieve this??
Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with a formula. Here is the scenario:

Product object has a field called Status
User object has a field called User_Status 

I am trying to create a formula which would display a value on the Product object as "True" or "False" if the Product status field = User status field.
Please note: The user status field could have multiple value

ex: Product has Status field as "Awake"
User status has field as Awake, Sleep, Not Sleepy

Now the Formula should display True based on the above scenario, since Awake is listed as one of the option.
Any Suggestions :smileyindifferent:
Thanks!

Hi,

I am wondering if someone could share their experience in dealing with this kind of situtation and any work around that you might have implemented.

I am trying to trigger an email alert whenever a record with a specfic amount is either approved or rejected. I created a workflow with the specified entry criteria and added email alert as an action.

During testing,I found out that when the record is approved, it does not trigger the email alert even though it meets the rule criteria. The only way to make the workflow fire up is by doing an edit to the record.

How can i trigger an email alert when the record with a particular amount is submitted for approval and becomes approved or rejected.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks!

I am trying to write a trigger to auto join a group with a trigger.  Can Groups be joined/followed via a trigger yet?

I have a force.com sites visualforce page that is publicly exposed and is not rendering the Notes & Attachments related list even though this renders correctly for authenticated users or for other salesforce related objects that i have explicitly set permissions for in my guest access profile.   Here is the vf page snippet:

<apex:page standardController="MyCustomObject__c" extensions="MyControllerExtensionClass" showHeader="true" sidebar="true" cache="false" tabStyle="MyCustomObject__c" action="{!onLoad}">
<apex:form> 
….
</apex:form>
<!--
include attachments related list below the form
since apex:relatedList tags cannot be nested within form tags
-->
<apex:relatedList list="NotesAndAttachments" rendered="true" />
</apex:page>
Is there a reason the notes and attachments related list is not rendering?  Also there is noplace on the guest permissions page i see where i can explicitly give the user permissions to view, create, edit and delete attachments...
thanks

• May 10, 2011

Hi,

I have written a process that will automatically deactivate a user if they have not logged in since 90 days.  When testing the code I need to test for a new user who has nevered logged in at all (log in date = null).  I try to insert a user in my test script but it has an issue about reference for the profileId.  I am using a valid 18 chararcter profileId but I keep getting the exception.

In addition, since you cannot delete a user once it is created will the user that I create in during the test script not get committed or is this the reason I am getting the error?

THE ERROR IS:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, invalid cross reference id: []

THE CODE IS:

@isTest
private class DeactivateUsers_TEST {
    static testMethod void Test() {
        Test.startTest();

User u = new User();
        u.FirstName = 'MyTest';
        u.LastName = 'MyTest';
        u.email = 'mytest@mytest.com';
        u.alias = 'mytes';
        u.communityNickname = 'mytest';
        u.username = 'mytest@mytest.com';
        u.EmailEncodingKey = 'ISO-8859-1';
        u.LanguageLocaleKey = 'en_US';
        u.LocaleSidKey = 'en_US';
        u.TimeZoneSidKey = 'America/New_York';
        u.ProfileId = '00e30000000c51xAAA';
        insert u;

DeactivateUsers d = new DeactivateUsers();
        d.checkUsers();
        Test.stopTest();
    }
}

We're building a custom integration with SF Knowledge where we need to use some, but not all of the Case functionality.  We like the Attach to Case stuff, but we don't like the Email as PDF stuff, so my plan was to upsert a solution for each Knowledge Article, and then insert an entry into the CaseSolution object for each one, so we could use the existing solutions merge field for the email templates (and also not have to update a couple dozen email templates while we're at it).

I don't see any accessible metadata in regards to querying, or even better, triggering on article attachment to Case.  Is there a way to get this info as of the Summer '10 release, or are we stuck in having to essentially build out an end to end custom solution for this type of integration?  I don't like going custom when it comes to page layouts, because Visualforce on a standard page layout is an ugly iframe implementation, which limits the functionality I can put in due to vertical space constraints (and my not wanting to waste vertical space).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi,

Our organization has several hundred users, many of whom belong to one or more Public Groups.

Is there any way to report on this information in SFDC?  It would be great to get a complete list of all Groups, the memers of each, along with their User ID and possibly some other info.

Thanks for any ideas...

I have a situation where opportunities could be created months in advance with products.  Over time, one of the products may become inactive.   When this opportunity gets assigned to a sales rep, there is no easy way that I can find to flag up on screen that one of the products is inactive that I can think of.

Ideally, I'd love a formula I could write into a formula field on the Opportunity Line Item that would say "Not Active" or something similar.

Something else on the opportunity level might be nice as well ... or perhaps a validation rule.  What (if any) are my options??