• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I created a report that is filtered by userid. Then I created a custom link and put in this code.

/00OA0000004qgMd?pv1={!$User.Id}

When I test the custom link, the criteria in the report will just show userid equals {!$User.Id}, just the formula text, instead of showing userid equals John Smith. It is passing my parameter value as a string literal, not the value. If I substitute an actual userid the report runs correctly, but when I use the code above it puts {!$User.Id} into the filter.

Can someone hlep me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

I am trying to replace the default content on the Case tab with my new visualforce page. I am using the standardcontroller and extensions:

<apex:page standardController="Case" extensions="caseController" tabStyle="Case">

When I go to the Override Atandard Button of Link TAB page I see many visualforce pages, but not mine.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help...

Joy

I created a report that is filtered by userid. Then I created a custom link and put in this code.

/00OA0000004qgMd?pv1={!$User.Id}

When I test the custom link, the criteria in the report will just show userid equals {!$User.Id}, just the formula text, instead of showing userid equals John Smith. It is passing my parameter value as a string literal, not the value. If I substitute an actual userid the report runs correctly, but when I use the code above it puts {!$User.Id} into the filter.

Can someone hlep me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

I am trying to replace the default content on the Case tab with my new visualforce page. I am using the standardcontroller and extensions:

<apex:page standardController="Case" extensions="caseController" tabStyle="Case">

When I go to the Override Atandard Button of Link TAB page I see many visualforce pages, but not mine.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help...

Joy

I'm attempting to modify an existing appexchange page/button called "massedit".

I need to modify the page to display a different set of columns based on the users profile, I was able to find the following through the Salesforce documents, problem is this code is intended for something a little bit different than what i'm trying to do:

<apex:page action="{!if($Profile.Name !='System Administrator',
null,
urlFor($Action.Account.Tab, $ObjectType.Account,
null, true))}" standardcontroller="Account" recordsetvar="accounts" tabstyle="Account">

<!-- Replace with your markup --> 

This page replaces your Account home page for
all users except Administrators.
</apex:page>

I'm just not quite sure how to drop two separate visualforce pages within the IF statement, the page itself looks like the following, natively:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" recordSetVar="unused" sidebar="false">
<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.UtilJS}" />
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageMessages />
<apex:pageBlock >
Note: All modifications made on the page will be lost if Return button is clicked without clicking the Save button first. 
</apex:pageBlock>
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
<apex:commandButton value="Return" action="{!cancel}"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!selected}" var="opp" id="table">
<apex:column headerValue="Company" width="500px">
<apex:outputField value="{!opp.AccountID}"/>
</apex:column>
<apex:column headerValue="Name">
<apex:inputField value="{!opp.name}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Amount">
<apex:inputField required="true" value="{!opp.amount}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlock>

I know that I can create a custom link or button on accounts for example that will pass the account id to a report.

ex.  button link would be something like :  /00O80000003PXuG?pv0={!Account.Id}

I have a custom object with a lookup field to accounts.  Is there a way to build this same type of functionality to pass the account id chosen in the lookup field to the report?  I don't want to pass the custom object id, but the id of a lookup object.  Can that be done?