• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Guys,

I have a huge list of fields that might need to analyse and delete the unwanted.

I am not sure about their dependencies / usage on other workflow or validation rules. Right now I am just opening each field and checking on its dependency.

Is there an easy way to do this.

Any help would be great!!! thanks folks. :-)

right now we have a feature where we can setup Tabs to be displayed for an app selected, but we do not have option to change the Home page layout based on the app selected(in case of users with access to multiple apps). Can this be done with the existing functionality or this need to be implemented yet.

I have posted the same thing in ideas, please check it and leave ur response on this page :

https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?id=08730000000hYeJAAU&tab=v

• June 01, 2012

Hi,

We have a requirement where we need to create a event on personal calendar  of all the users belonging to particular group when an event is created on master calendar(public calendar). the issue here is with recurring events.

When a recurring event is created, all the recurrences are created first then the recurring series will be created.hence the recurring series event Id is not generated till the recurring child events are not created in the system, hence we have used a future class from where we fetching the recurring event Id. But again the problem is, we are able to create clone of recurring event once, if there is a requirement to create recurring event from master calendar on 100 users personal calendar, code wont support bulk creation of recurring events and it will hit governor limit. We tried to run a batch job with batch size of 1, but again we can run 5 batches at a time. If there are 1000 events to create then it is going to be a problem again.

We suggested a solution where we can post the event details on group page when an event is created, but the client wants it to be on users personal calendar.

can we maintain a different custom object where we can store event details and  create a simple home page component where user can see all the events occurring for a particular period. I am not getting enuf ideas to work on this.

Please reply if anybody having any idea on how to design a solution for this requirement.

• January 20, 2012

we are working on arequirement where it is required for us to create number of public calendar. before proceeding withis we want to confirm what is the number of public calendars we can create in our sandbox/production.

please reply if anyone knows about it as soon as possible.

Thank you

Annu

• January 11, 2012

I am creating a vf page to create New Event records. I have a cancel button on the page. when i click on the cancel button, it should take me to home page. but here what result I am getting is, instead of redirecting me to home page,when i click on cancel button it is asking me to enter value for mandatory fields. once i enter mandatory field values and click on cancel, it is redirecting me to home page. the error is "you must enter a value" for start datetime,end date time and  subject. i am referring to standard fields directly on the page.

Kindly help me in resolving this issue asap.

Thank you

anny

• December 20, 2011

I am trying to Accounts with following dynamic soql :

query= 'select Account_vod__c,Account_vod__r.Id,Account_vod__r.Name,Address_line_2_vod__c,'+
                      'City_vod__c,Name,Primary_vod__c,State_vod__c,Zip_vod__c from Address_vod__c where '+
                      'Account_vod__r.Name like \'%'+searchByName+'%\' OR City_vod__c=\''+searchByCity+'\' OR '+
                      'State_vod__c=\''+searchByState+'\' OR Zip_vod__c=\''+searchByZip+'\' OR Name=\''+searchByAddressLine1+'\' AND NOT IN : accIds';

in this accIds is a List of Account Ids which i want to exclude from the return record list. but for this NOT IN Clause is not working. I am getting a query exception for this perticular line .  How to solve this problem.

Please help me in this regard, as it is kind of urgent for me.

• September 15, 2011

according to the requiremnt given, we have to write a batch  job which locks the records from updating for all the users when a perticual condition is met. I have created a new recordtype and a new pagelayout in which all the fields are locked and pagelayout is assigned to new RecordType. Whenever a perticular condition becomes true, this new Recordtype is Assigned to the record.

problem is, the records should be locked for editing for all the users except for Administrator. i.e. Admin should be able to edit those records. how can we meet this requirement? this is Urgent, any idea?

• August 04, 2011

Hi,

I am also having same problem.

i am trying to refresh my primary tab and close the subtab.

below is the code which i am trying to do.

could you please assist me on this, if you have any code samples please share with me.

How can we get the primary tab id.

function RefreshPrimaryTabByName() {

var primaryTabName = "{!Case.Contact.Name}";

sforce.console.refreshPrimaryTabByName(primaryTabN​ame, true, refreshSuccess,closeCurrTab());

}

var refreshSuccess = function refreshSuccess(result) {

if (result.success == true) {

//alert('Primary tab refreshed successfully');

} else {

//alert('Primary tab did not refresh');

}

};

function closeCurrTab() {

sforce.console.getEnclosingTabId(closeCurrTabById)​;

}

var closeCurrTabById = function closeCurrTabById(result) {

sforce.console.closeTab(result.id);

};

Thank you,

Hi Guys,

I have a huge list of fields that might need to analyse and delete the unwanted.

I am not sure about their dependencies / usage on other workflow or validation rules. Right now I am just opening each field and checking on its dependency.

Is there an easy way to do this.

Any help would be great!!! thanks folks. :-)

Hi, could anyone help with this please, we have a workflow "Technical Request Approval Process" and as part of the submission process an email is sent to several users, however it has been noted that when certain users submit a tech request the workflow isnt sending any emails, does anyone have any ideas why this would be the case?

right now we have a feature where we can setup Tabs to be displayed for an app selected, but we do not have option to change the Home page layout based on the app selected(in case of users with access to multiple apps). Can this be done with the existing functionality or this need to be implemented yet.

I have posted the same thing in ideas, please check it and leave ur response on this page :

https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?id=08730000000hYeJAAU&tab=v

• June 01, 2012

Hi,

Under Opportunities Service_Request Object is there.In Service_Request__c object Contact_name__c Is lookup to contacts.
Here i want to filter contact name by account name.In Service_Request__C ,I pulled the account name using formula field and also i updated account name using work flow.

Formula field and related to work flow field is not appearing in filter criteria.

Can any one guide me how can i filter contact name by Account name...

Thanks in Advance,
Swapn

Hi All, Recently I encountered a strange problem on SandBox environment. I am unable to get the values present in a custom settings while running test cases where as If I am running same test cases in Dev environment I am able to get the values. Any idea why it is behaving differently on Dev and SandBox env? Thanks in advance for your help! Regards, Naren

The other day I was writting my test class to pass a custom controller for a VF page in to production. The VF page worked great everything as supposed to; returning right amount of rows and values. BUT then went I try to create my test class, i came accross the hierarchy field where not able to be used in the query (that's what i think it is)  listSize was always 0 in the test method when it was supposed to be 2. i try several ways but the same situation came accross...

any thoughts???

I could  really use some perspective and advice. I have an application where fields on a custom object need to be populated by combining choices from various select lists on parent and grandparent objects.

My issue comes up when the parent/grandparent select lists are changed - what's the best way to handle it?

1. Should I use (somewhat complex) formula fields on the children that point up to the parents and combine the choices based on rules? ; or,
  2. Should I build a trigger with these rules which updates a static text field on all of the children whenever a parent is changed?

The benefits of a formula are that I don't have to touch what could be thousands of children everytime a select list is changed, however I am starting to have to dance around formula compiled character limits.

The benefits of using a trigger is that it's more flexible, the code is in one place and the formula compiled character limits don't apply.

I guess I don't know if I'm going to take a performance hit of some kind by using the trigger option and updating thousands of records - potentially many times if I have a user who keeps changing his mind on some naming scheme thereby continuing to update all of the children. A formula is just a live reflection of the parent so no update is neccesary. If I properly bulkify the trigger is that all I need to worry about?

Am I missing anything else? Is there best practice when it comes to this?

Thanks much for any persepctive.

Alex

I am creating a vf page to create New Event records. I have a cancel button on the page. when i click on the cancel button, it should take me to home page. but here what result I am getting is, instead of redirecting me to home page,when i click on cancel button it is asking me to enter value for mandatory fields. once i enter mandatory field values and click on cancel, it is redirecting me to home page. the error is "you must enter a value" for start datetime,end date time and  subject. i am referring to standard fields directly on the page.

Kindly help me in resolving this issue asap.

Thank you

anny

• December 20, 2011

I am trying to Accounts with following dynamic soql :

query= 'select Account_vod__c,Account_vod__r.Id,Account_vod__r.Name,Address_line_2_vod__c,'+
                      'City_vod__c,Name,Primary_vod__c,State_vod__c,Zip_vod__c from Address_vod__c where '+
                      'Account_vod__r.Name like \'%'+searchByName+'%\' OR City_vod__c=\''+searchByCity+'\' OR '+
                      'State_vod__c=\''+searchByState+'\' OR Zip_vod__c=\''+searchByZip+'\' OR Name=\''+searchByAddressLine1+'\' AND NOT IN : accIds';

in this accIds is a List of Account Ids which i want to exclude from the return record list. but for this NOT IN Clause is not working. I am getting a query exception for this perticular line .  How to solve this problem.

Please help me in this regard, as it is kind of urgent for me.

• September 15, 2011