• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Once our customers install our application using TrialForce – in 99% of the cases we need to help our potential customer customize their trial account to suit their specific business needs.

We are an ISV/OEM partner. We intend to allow customer try out our application using a 30 day trail period (TrialForce).

There are 2 use cases:

1. Customize the Trail account to meet specific needs. Customer signs up for a trial license. We will conduct a brief discovery meeting.  Based on the requirements gathered from the meeting, we will then setup their system to meet their needs (add/modify fields, develop reports and dashboard) and provide ongoing support through the trial period make their experience a good one.
  2. Once the customer converts into a paying subscription – provide on going support – that means occasionally we will need to have access to their system (System Admin) to help diagnose issue or help assist them with Admin tasks.

Questions:

1. Use Case 1: Trail Accounts are created with only 1 Admin account – and there is no way to create a second Admin account. That means, the user has to share their Admin account userID/Password to us. Is there a better way to deal with this? What are the best practices?

1. Use Case 2: To provide ongoing admin support or help diagnose bugs, we need occasional access to their setup/data. Do they have to pay for an additional System Admin license for support? What are the best practices? I was told by the SF support staff  “Many partners configure their orgs to begin with TWO admin users, one for the customer and one for the Partner. We allow such a configuration to be purchased under the OEM Program.” How does this work? Where do I get more information on this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

my question is about many-to-many relationship.

I've created three new objects and three new many-to-many relationship in order to relate an account with these three object.

New Objects are

Brand = new object (related to Account) for all those account with type equals to Brand
Group = new object (related to Account) for all those account with type equals to Group
Management Company = new object (related to Account) for all those account with type equals to Management Company

ATB = relationship account-brand
ATG = relationship account-group
ATMC = relationship account-management company

In this way i can relate Accounts with accounts  of the above types (Brand, group and Management company) and for one account I have related list with the other accounts.

Example:

ACC1 = Management company
ACC2 = Brand
ACC3 = Group

ACC1 --> Brand related list will show ACC2 and Group related list will show ACC3

Then I've created triggers in order to create automatically new objects:

if ACC2 is a Brand, the trigger will create a Brand record with name ACC2

Now, my problem is that I can relate ACC1 to ACC2 easily using ATB but I'd like to have the relation ACC2 to ACC1 automatically done.

Can someone help with with this?

Thanks in advance.

Stefano