• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Would like to check  whether is there any preferred/recommended  testing tool that can be best suited for SFDC(Salesforce) application for Test automation or can we use any tool(eg. QTP/Rational) to do that.

The Automation test that we refer hear is aimed to decrease the Duration of execution and can include below Test Automation Frameworks.
 -Creation of small,independent scripts that represent the modules are then used to construct larger tests to realize specific business scenarios.
 -Data driven tests that read input values from CSV/Excel files that can be used in the coded scripts for creation of objects like Contacts/Accounts etc.

Regards

Gopi chand P

• August 16, 2012

Hi All,

My requirement is on a custom page to set a "attachment present" field to Yes if there is any attachment exists or to No  if no attachment exists .

in a way find the count of the attachments and set this filed value. Can i write a trigger on attachment object using force.IDE or is there any alternate way? Please suggest. The attachments will be uploaded using standard notes and attachment related list.

I can find some threads on the same but i want to cross check whether there is way to do this

Thanks in advance

Chand

• August 25, 2011

Hi,

I would like to access URL generated via Deliver content. i.e. When a User uploads a file using deliver content ,system generates a URL. 

What i want to do is that programatically(customization/configuration) i want to access this URL and populate it to another field available in the detail page(eg.Case/custom page) . 

Currently user is actually copying the URL and pasting it in the required field in the page. so to avoid this manual work is there any way that we can populate another custom field with the generated URL automatically?

Thanks in advance

Chand

• August 22, 2011

Would like to check  whether is there any preferred/recommended  testing tool that can be best suited for SFDC(Salesforce) application for Test automation or can we use any tool(eg. QTP/Rational) to do that.

The Automation test that we refer hear is aimed to decrease the Duration of execution and can include below Test Automation Frameworks.
 -Creation of small,independent scripts that represent the modules are then used to construct larger tests to realize specific business scenarios.
 -Data driven tests that read input values from CSV/Excel files that can be used in the coded scripts for creation of objects like Contacts/Accounts etc.

Regards

Gopi chand P

• August 16, 2012

Hi All,

My requirement is on a custom page to set a "attachment present" field to Yes if there is any attachment exists or to No  if no attachment exists .

in a way find the count of the attachments and set this filed value. Can i write a trigger on attachment object using force.IDE or is there any alternate way? Please suggest. The attachments will be uploaded using standard notes and attachment related list.

I can find some threads on the same but i want to cross check whether there is way to do this

Thanks in advance

Chand

• August 25, 2011

Hi,

I would like to access URL generated via Deliver content. i.e. When a User uploads a file using deliver content ,system generates a URL. 

What i want to do is that programatically(customization/configuration) i want to access this URL and populate it to another field available in the detail page(eg.Case/custom page) . 

Currently user is actually copying the URL and pasting it in the required field in the page. so to avoid this manual work is there any way that we can populate another custom field with the generated URL automatically?

Thanks in advance

Chand

• August 22, 2011