• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Looking to take a snapshot of the $$$ value from the Amount field at the time that the Opportunity is updated to Closed Won.  Ideally, that number will be populated in another field named Sales Projection at Close (or something like this) that will be read only to all uses with the exception of admins.

Has anyone done this before in their orgs?  I know there is a capability of analytical snapshots report, but I'd rather have something within the record itself.

Also, I don't want to "lock" the amount field for editing because we have a related object named "Orders" that once attached to the Opportunity will provide a roll up summary of sales to the Amount field.

Thanks!

Definitely not new to the cloud here but just dipping my toe into the pool of Apex. 

I understand my limitations with workflow and realize that I cannot assign a task "across objects".  I have a custom object "Order" that gets integrated into Salesforce as a read only object from our legacy order system.  I would like to assign a task to the owner of the account to which the order is attached.  This task will be due 14 days after the Created Date of the Order.

Workflow can remedy this IF I was to assign the task to the owner of the Order record.  This will not work because the "owner" of the Order object is the "integration admin" or license used in the integration from our legacy system.  The Account is referenced in the Order record. 

Sorry for the remedial request, but if anyone on this board can get me started, I would appreciate the help.  Thanks!

* I neglected to include that these tasks should only be assigned when the Order is a Sample (Order_Type__c = "Sample").

Working with an org that has a unique pricing structure in that they have "price lists" for each customer that they would like to "live" in Salesforce.  Currently we are having them utilize the Opportunity object to store these price lists.  However, I would like to make the transition to attach these price lists directly to the account object as the "storage" of these price lists are polluting our sales pipeline.

I currently have a custom object created named Pricing.  This object is the child in the master-detail relationship with the Account.  Each Pricing record serves as documentation of pricing per the Account and also includes an approval process that requires input from the director before the pricing is approved.  My motivation behind designing this custom object this way instead of just saving spreadsheets of data into Salesforce was to be able to report on these objects, document the pricing for each account and set up approvals.  I also want to be able to perform a mass price increase (using dataloader) a few times a year.

Now what I'm struggling with is each pricing record represents one product in a point in time for each account.  I was hoping to have one record represent each product that we offer the customer.  And then each time the price changes, a new record would not need to be created, but just added to the Pricing record with some sort of history tracking on the unit price change. 

Has anyone worked through a situation like this?  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Trying to create rule criteria within a WF to assign a task to the Opportunity Owner only IF the Opp Owner role does not contain the letters "CSR".  Where I'm hitting a roadblock is how to insert criteria based on the Opp Owner.  I have created the following for my WF rule but it will only fire based on the User's role.

Rule Name: Update Stage because Close Date has passed.

Description: Opportunity Owner to be assigned task to update the stage when Today's Date is greater than the Close Date.  Opportunity Owner role must not contain "CSR".

Rule Criteria:

NOT (CONTAINS($UserRole.Name, "CSR")) 
&& (CloseDate < TODAY()) 
&& (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Solution Acceptance/Sample(s)") 
|| ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Quote") 
|| ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Build Value Proposition"))

I thought that this would work if I could add another layer to the rule criteria that included Opportunity Owner = User, but again I'm back to my roadblock of not being able to base criteria on the Opp Owner (unless I'm overlooking that option).

Any ideas on how to side step this roadblock?  Thank you in advance for reading and for your thoughts.

Alexis

Definitely not new to the cloud here but just dipping my toe into the pool of Apex. 

I understand my limitations with workflow and realize that I cannot assign a task "across objects".  I have a custom object "Order" that gets integrated into Salesforce as a read only object from our legacy order system.  I would like to assign a task to the owner of the account to which the order is attached.  This task will be due 14 days after the Created Date of the Order.

Workflow can remedy this IF I was to assign the task to the owner of the Order record.  This will not work because the "owner" of the Order object is the "integration admin" or license used in the integration from our legacy system.  The Account is referenced in the Order record. 

Sorry for the remedial request, but if anyone on this board can get me started, I would appreciate the help.  Thanks!

* I neglected to include that these tasks should only be assigned when the Order is a Sample (Order_Type__c = "Sample").

Working with an org that has a unique pricing structure in that they have "price lists" for each customer that they would like to "live" in Salesforce.  Currently we are having them utilize the Opportunity object to store these price lists.  However, I would like to make the transition to attach these price lists directly to the account object as the "storage" of these price lists are polluting our sales pipeline.

I currently have a custom object created named Pricing.  This object is the child in the master-detail relationship with the Account.  Each Pricing record serves as documentation of pricing per the Account and also includes an approval process that requires input from the director before the pricing is approved.  My motivation behind designing this custom object this way instead of just saving spreadsheets of data into Salesforce was to be able to report on these objects, document the pricing for each account and set up approvals.  I also want to be able to perform a mass price increase (using dataloader) a few times a year.

Now what I'm struggling with is each pricing record represents one product in a point in time for each account.  I was hoping to have one record represent each product that we offer the customer.  And then each time the price changes, a new record would not need to be created, but just added to the Pricing record with some sort of history tracking on the unit price change. 

Has anyone worked through a situation like this?  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Trying to create rule criteria within a WF to assign a task to the Opportunity Owner only IF the Opp Owner role does not contain the letters "CSR".  Where I'm hitting a roadblock is how to insert criteria based on the Opp Owner.  I have created the following for my WF rule but it will only fire based on the User's role.

Rule Name: Update Stage because Close Date has passed.

Description: Opportunity Owner to be assigned task to update the stage when Today's Date is greater than the Close Date.  Opportunity Owner role must not contain "CSR".

Rule Criteria:

NOT (CONTAINS($UserRole.Name, "CSR")) 
&& (CloseDate < TODAY()) 
&& (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Solution Acceptance/Sample(s)") 
|| ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Quote") 
|| ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Build Value Proposition"))

I thought that this would work if I could add another layer to the rule criteria that included Opportunity Owner = User, but again I'm back to my roadblock of not being able to base criteria on the Opp Owner (unless I'm overlooking that option).

Any ideas on how to side step this roadblock?  Thank you in advance for reading and for your thoughts.

Alexis