• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm tearing my hair off with this:

I want to create a custom button in the "Related Task List" on the Account Page. When you click it should open a new task with set "Subject", "Date" and "Related Account (the referring").

I've tried two solutions and none of them works.

1. URLFOR()-function - TODAY() doesn't function

{!URLFOR( $Action.Task.NewTask , null, [what_id=Account.Id, retURL=URLFOR( $Action.Account.View, Account.Id), tsk5="MyText", tsk4=TODAY()+90])}

This works good, except for the TODAY()-function which seems to be screwed up when used in the URLFOR()-function. It generates: "Sun Nov 27 00:00:00 GMT 2011" when it's supposed to generate only a date.

2. Hardcoded URL - Account.ID doesn't function

/e?what_id={!Account.Id}.....

The use of Account.Id returns a three digit ID, and not the 15-18 digit I'm hoping for.

--

This is highly annoying, and I've tried so many set-ups that I'm actually starting to consider I've found two bugs here - but I'd be glad if you could help me get back to reality and help me solve this.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm tearing my hair off with this:

I want to create a custom button in the "Related Task List" on the Account Page. When you click it should open a new task with set "Subject", "Date" and "Related Account (the referring").

I've tried two solutions and none of them works.

1. URLFOR()-function - TODAY() doesn't function

{!URLFOR( $Action.Task.NewTask , null, [what_id=Account.Id, retURL=URLFOR( $Action.Account.View, Account.Id), tsk5="MyText", tsk4=TODAY()+90])}

This works good, except for the TODAY()-function which seems to be screwed up when used in the URLFOR()-function. It generates: "Sun Nov 27 00:00:00 GMT 2011" when it's supposed to generate only a date.

2. Hardcoded URL - Account.ID doesn't function

/e?what_id={!Account.Id}.....

The use of Account.Id returns a three digit ID, and not the 15-18 digit I'm hoping for.

--

This is highly annoying, and I've tried so many set-ups that I'm actually starting to consider I've found two bugs here - but I'd be glad if you could help me get back to reality and help me solve this.

Thanks!

Hello,

I've seen a number of posts regarding this issue, but none have been responded to so I'm hoping there might be more information now.

The problem is that I have a custom button which allows you to close a case with one click, the button basically sends you to this URL:

https://na5.salesforce.com/{!Case.Id}/s?save=1&cas7=Closed

This functionality depends on the "save=1" part of the link, which saves the record without having to click on the save button.

This is currently working in an older org I have, but not in any new orgs.  What happens if you try to pass "save=1" you get an error saying,

"Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
The page you submitted was invalid for your session. Please click Save again to confirm your change."

Does anyone know if this behavior has changed?  Or even better, a way to do this now that there seems to be issues?

Thank you!

Brendan