• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am using Java to call the API's in SalesForce.  My question is related to using Master Detail relationships, i.e my Account object is parent to some Custom Object I defined.  

Let's say I want to delete 2 of the children objects and update another one of them, is there a way to do this all in one API call by updating the Account and children will automatically get updated?  When I look at the setters and getters on the Account Java Object for the child relationship, it is using QueryResult type for the child collection attribute, I guess I was expecting them to be a Collection of the child object type, not QueryResult.  

Is it possible to add, delete and update child objects and just make one API call to update the Account objects and all of the child objects would get updated as well, or do I just need to do this by updating/deleting the individual objects?

An example would be helpful. Thanks

1) I am trying again to get selected rows (with getSelected() on the controller) from an Enhanced list view in a VF page. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not possible to pass the EnhancedList records to a custom controller? It seems that the Enhanced list recordset should be bound to the controller records but I cannot figure out where this should happen.

2) BTW, I also try to change the FilterID in the EnhancedList but it does not refresh properly. Is this a known issue?

Here is the code. Any help would be great.

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="pgContactHomeController" showHeader="true" tabStyle="Contact" recordSetVar="myContacts">

<apex:form >
        <apex:selectList value="{!FilterID}" size="1">
            <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="listPanel"/>
            <apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
        </apex:selectList>
    </apex:form>

<apex:outputPanel layout="block" id="listPanel">
		<apex:enhancedList height="300" ListId="{!FilterID}" rowsPerPage="10" id="ContactList" customizable="True"  reRender="debugPanel"/>
	</apex:outputPanel>    

<apex:outputPanel layout="block" id="debugPanel">
    	<apex:pageblock id="myBlock">
	  		<apex:outputText value="Records={!recordCount}" /> <br/>
			<apex:outputText value="Selected={!selectedCount}" /> <br/>
			<apex:outputText value="FilterID={!FilterID}" /> <br/>
		</apex:pageblock>
	</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:page>
public with sharing class pgContactHomeController {
    private ApexPages.StandardSetController myController;
    public pgContactHomeController(ApexPages.StandardSetController stdController) {
     this.myController = stdController;
    }
public Integer getRecordCount(){
return ((List<Contact>)myController.getRecords()).size();
}
public Integer getSelectedCount(){
return ((List<Contact>)myController.getSelected()).size();
}
public Id getFilterID(){
return (myController.getFilterID());
}
public void setFilterID(ID newID){