• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all this may be the most basic thing ever but I am new to flows and have trouble with look ups can never get them to work after multiple attempts :S

What I want to do is;

have a button or a link on my account or opportunity screen that when clicked lets my users update fields that are defined in the flow screens, once they fill in the requirements they click finish and that account or opportunity they clicked the button from is updated with the new details.

I am trying to do this as atm in my business there is lots of change and our company and opportunity screens are very cluttered, if I could do this it would save time drastically and would be extremely helpful in the feature 

Thanks

JR

Hi Guys

Very new to the developer boards as I am just starting to learning this side of salesforce, I am wondering is it possible with a trigger to;

At a certain point in the week say a Friday evening lock a record and create a new record, which is a clone of the previous week which can be edited until the following week until the same cut off point? Is this possible with a trigger and how complicated would it be? Any feed back or tips would be greatly appreciated, below is a quick screen of what i am tiring to achieve :)

Thanks

J

What i am trying to achieve

Hi all this may be the most basic thing ever but I am new to flows and have trouble with look ups can never get them to work after multiple attempts :S

What I want to do is;

have a button or a link on my account or opportunity screen that when clicked lets my users update fields that are defined in the flow screens, once they fill in the requirements they click finish and that account or opportunity they clicked the button from is updated with the new details.

I am trying to do this as atm in my business there is lots of change and our company and opportunity screens are very cluttered, if I could do this it would save time drastically and would be extremely helpful in the feature 

Thanks

JR

How can I use Visual Workflow to update a field on a record?

I have a button on an Account that triggers a Visual Workflow. Based on some steps in the workflow, I would like to update some fields on the Account that the user began from. How can I achieve this? I am unable to get to the current record. 

Someone asked for help on figuring out a formula to calculate what work week a date falls within, with work weeks starting on Mondays, and I thought I'd share.

((CloseDate - DATE(YEAR(CloseDate), 1, 1) + (CASE( MOD( DATE( YEAR( CloseDate ), 01, 01 ) - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),
0, - 0,
6, - 1,
2, + 2,
4, + 4,
5, + 5,
1, + 1,
+ 3))) / 7) + IF(MOD((CloseDate - DATE(YEAR(CloseDate), 1, 1) + (CASE( MOD( DATE( YEAR( CloseDate ), 01, 01 ) - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),
0, - 0,
6, - 1,
2, + 2,
4, + 4,
5, + 5,
1, + 1,
+ 3))), 7) = 0, 0, 1)

Just change CloseDate to the date field in question.
Message Edited by Buell on 08-20-2009 04:39 PM
Message Edited by Buell on 08-20-2009 04:43 PM
  • August 19, 2009