• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I write a simple streaming client. However, i found the client can't receive the notification when I UPDATED a existent record.

My client can receive the notification when i created a new record.

Does Streaming API doesn't push data to client when updating a record?

Thanks

zg

I ran into this issue this morning.  If i create a topic with the query string like this

SELECT Id FROM CASE WHERE RoutedInteractionId__c != null AND RoutingComplete__c = true 

I don't get any notifications on it.  When i change the query string to 

SELECT Id FROM CASE WHERE RoutedInteractionId__c != null AND RoutingComplete__c = true AND Status != 'New'

I do get notifications.  So it appears to be a problem with having only custom fields in the query string.  

In our customer service environment our support person will be working on at least 30 issues constantly, and their lifetime is in multi-digit days.  we will be using the console or console 2 UI's to view the list of issues to work on.

once u select an issue, the list goes away, and it might be hours til you get back to the list again.

we wanted to use the streaming api as a 'wakeup' type operation that could be driven via javascript, and so could

refresh and pop the list view, if an important issue arrived while they were off the list view.. (like a severity 1 issue while they were working a long sev 2 issue). 

but each support person is looking at a different (unique) view of the case list.  So, I would want to register a 'topic' for each support person, to have their notification sent..  I have 900 such support personnel.. and 20 topics clearly wouldn't cover that.

we were going to develop a polling javascript solution that did this, but it seems such a waste of processor power haveing 900 polls every 10 seconds. (we have unlimited so aren't worried about the api count, but want to be a good resource consumer citizen too)

any suggestions on design alternatives?