• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hi,

I have a custom button that I use to pass two id's to a controller. The button allows me to launch a VF page from a related list. This button was working fine, but has suddenly started throwing an invalid id error. My first assumption was that it had to do with the introduction of a new record type, which was causing an error in my controller somewhere, but I quickly noticed that the button was setting up the URL incorrectly. So, the button is meant to pass two ids one for custom object Goal__c and another for Account, and their query string variables are gid and aid, respectively. I noticed that when I click the button and get the error message that aid does not have the account's id assigned, and the error message points me to first line of code that works with account id. To further confuse things, I have buttons that work in a very similar matter, but they are launched from a different object, but still rely on account id in the same way...these still work fine. So, I'm curious to know if anybody has any ideas on why this might be failing.

Here is url that the button sets up: /apex/narrativeWizard3?gID={!Goal__c.Id}&aID={!Account.Id}

hi,

I have a custom button that I use to pass two id's to a controller. The button allows me to launch a VF page from a related list. This button was working fine, but has suddenly started throwing an invalid id error. My first assumption was that it had to do with the introduction of a new record type, which was causing an error in my controller somewhere, but I quickly noticed that the button was setting up the URL incorrectly. So, the button is meant to pass two ids one for custom object Goal__c and another for Account, and their query string variables are gid and aid, respectively. I noticed that when I click the button and get the error message that aid does not have the account's id assigned, and the error message points me to first line of code that works with account id. To further confuse things, I have buttons that work in a very similar matter, but they are launched from a different object, but still rely on account id in the same way...these still work fine. So, I'm curious to know if anybody has any ideas on why this might be failing.

Here is url that the button sets up: /apex/narrativeWizard3?gID={!Goal__c.Id}&aID={!Account.Id}

Hello Salesforce Gurus,

Previous issue is resolved: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Salesforce-winter-12-Visualforce-issue-crash/td-p/343229

But, I am now noticing many other issues with the sandbox salesforce system.

Here are few issues:

1. I get the message like "Stack overflow line 7" when I moved to different pages.

2. When I opened my visualforce page and updated a record, then tried to move to home or any other tab or page, I noticed the URL within the browser is not changing to other pages even though the body within the browser showing other areas. Its weird, and I don't know why system is behaving this way.

(this is happening in the IE Browser)

3. After working with few areas within salesforce, I tried to logout, system hangs out and IE doesn't respond at all. I had to kill the IE many times now.

4. I am also getting this error time to time when I am working within salesforce:

Unable to Process Request We apologize for the inconvenience

The salesforce.com servers are temporarily unable to respond to your request. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience, and please try again in a few moments.

Visit http://trust.salesforce.com for current system status and availability.

back 

Please get back to me and I can share more details if needed.

~NK

• October 05, 2011