• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I installed a managed package with an APEX class that is now linked to an Email Service.  I am now trying to uninstall the managed package.  The package will not uninstall while this Email Service references a component of the managed package. However, the platform does not allow you to delete an Email service, only deactivate the service.

I attempted to associate an APEX class to the service that is not part of the managed package. However, the platform is intelligent enough to know that the APEX Class was not one that was implementing the email handler in the code.

The only way that I think that I can uninstall the package would be to now create a Sandbox org, write an APEX Class that uses the Email Handler, write a Test Case, and progress the component through a change set and use a new APEX class as a replacement in the Email Service. This new Class would not be part of the managed package. Thus, I could then uninstall the package.

Any better ideas?

We've found that while you can have an sObject collection attribute on a lightning component that implements the lightning:availableForFlowScreens interface and access the attribute from the flow designer,  you cannot see the attribute if the component was created in a developer org that has a package prefix.

Example: We created the following sample component in both a clean developer org, and an org that had a package prefix defined:

<aura:component implements="lightning:availableForFlowScreens" access="global">
    <aura:attribute name="contacts" type="Contact[]" />
    <aura:iteration items="{!v.contacts}" var="contact">
        {!contact.Name}: {!contact.Email}<br/>
    </aura:iteration>
</aura:component>

And configured the design attributes so that the flow designer would be able to "see" the component attribute:
<design:component >
    <design:attribute name="contacts" label="Contact records"/>
</design:component>

The flow designer in package org refused to display the "Contact records" attribute:
(we also published the component as part of the package and tested it in the flow designer of the target org and got the same results).

User-added image 

However if we use the same source code to create a component in a non-packaging org, the component (without a namespace prefix) works fine and we can see the component attribute in the flow screen inputs and outputs:

User-added image

Has anyone else run into this?