• 30 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to present a custom EULA to customers when they install our app? I've looked through documentation for the LMA (License Management App) or the managed package itself to present a custom EULA and require agreement. I have not been able to find such a feature. Is it necessary to do this through a custom install script? Thanks, Andreas

I'm developing a SF extension for the AppExchange which aims to automate processing of certain cases under certain conditions.  The goal is to send automatic responses to Email-to-Case Cases once they are closed pragmatically.

Is the requirement of contacting an external service (outbound messaging + SF API response) incompatible with auto-responses?  I have not found a way to trigger auto-responses on anything other than case creation, but it is impossible to make outgoing calls at case creation through triggers.

The first implementation that I came up with used Apex to send the e-mail responses, which I later found out is limited to 1000 e-mails/day with no possibility of expansion.

I have also explored the possibility of using a Workflow + E-mail Alert to send the responses.  This has the advantage of being triggered on update, and has an expandable limit of 1000 e-mails/user/day.  The down side is that the outgoing e-mails are no longer associated with the Case, and do not show up in the case history.

Does anyone know of a way that I can:

1) leverage SF auto-response in conjunction with results from an external system (web-service call)
2) leverage SF e-mail alerts to send large volumes of responses while maintaining their association with Case objects.

Thanks,

Andreas

I've found several good tutorials describing two-way SSL authentication for external REST services:
http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Making_Authenticated_Web_Service_Callouts_Using_Two-Way_SSL
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_callouts_client_certs_http.htm

These seem to indicate that the process is repreated for each org that wants to use two-way SSL.  Is it possible to develop a app (managed package) which supports two-way SSL without additional configuration required by the installer?

The goal is not to authenticate individual client orgs.  The goal is to simply verify that requests reaching my REST server originated from Salesforce.com.

To elaborate, the goal is to publish on the AppExchange, and allow customers to install the SF app and immediately access an external REST service over two-way SSL without any configuration by the customer.

Thanks,

Andreas

Hello,

I am trying to achieve the following:

A 'related list' view of a custom object (Foo), which can be added to an existing standard object (Case).  The custom object Foo has a Master/Slave relation with Case.  Each 'Foo' item in the list needs to display either its status, or two action buttons/links.  The choice is conditional on a status field from Foo.

The button/link action may update other related lists.  The standard object (Case) page therefore needs to be reloaded upon completion of the action.  It also involves a web service call, which may rule out some solutions. 

After reading through the documentation and forums, I've found no good solutions, but concluded the following:

Why not use a list button with multi-select enabled?

This is my backup option, but it does not show the user that the intention is to select exactly one item from the list.  Additionally, some (Foo) items in the list may not be in the correct state to perform the action.  It would be nice if this information is displayed, instead of using errors to inform the user of an incorrect (Foo object) choice.

Why not use a formula field, with a URL?

Using a formula to create a column of URLs always opens a new window, which can't be hidden/closed.

Why not create a custom VisualForce page for the Foo list?
I have not found a way to set a VisualForce page to replace the default for a related list.  I have also not found a way to add a VisualForce page to the related lists section of a standard object (Case).

Assumptions:

The end goal is to deliver an app which can integrate with existing organizations.  Therefore, replacing the detail view for the Case object is not an option, because this would make the extension difficult to integrate for organizations which are already using a different custom Case view.

Hi, I am little bit Confused on AppExchange Application and installation it on different edition

1) Force.com Free, Force.com Enterprise ans Force.com Unlimited edition are the Edition in which we can install only AppExchange Application, Salesforce does not provide any CRM functionality, is it right??

2) Can we install application which is not listed in appExchange ?

3) If application is just a Managed package, ( Means not passed Security review and not listed in AppExchange ) can we install in force.com edition.

I've found several good tutorials describing two-way SSL authentication for external REST services:
http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Making_Authenticated_Web_Service_Callouts_Using_Two-Way_SSL
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_callouts_client_certs_http.htm

These seem to indicate that the process is repreated for each org that wants to use two-way SSL.  Is it possible to develop a app (managed package) which supports two-way SSL without additional configuration required by the installer?

The goal is not to authenticate individual client orgs.  The goal is to simply verify that requests reaching my REST server originated from Salesforce.com.

To elaborate, the goal is to publish on the AppExchange, and allow customers to install the SF app and immediately access an external REST service over two-way SSL without any configuration by the customer.

Thanks,

Andreas

Hi,

I want to customize my List View page to display some VF page.Is it possible to do that.?

I have a batch Apex process that sends an email message to the contact for a case when some conditions are met via the Messaging.SingleEmailMessage class using an email template as follows:

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

mail.setTemplateId(EMT.Id);
        mail.setUseSignature(false);
        mail.setBccAddresses(mailTo);
        mail.setReplyTo('support@XXXXXXXXX');
        mail.setTargetObjectId(myContact.Id);
        mail.setWhatId(myCase.Id);
        mail.setSaveAsActivity(false);

The code works exactly as I expect, but I also need the message that was sent out to show up in the Email related list of the case (so that we have a copy of the message that was sent attached to the case).

My initial plan was to also add an EmailMessage object to the case via "EmailMessage myEmailMsg = new EmailMessage();" call, but when it came to the TextBody field, I am not sure what I should use here since the message is created via a template.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to have the outgoing message attached to the case?

Thanks!

Marc

In a workflow, I am triggering through apex trigger code that fires off emails.  Even though each email is triggered individually by each workflow (field update on record that in turn fires off apex trigger), salesforce is batching these together, thus the trigger is getting called with multiple updates at once.   No problem.  Code handles that.

What it is having issues with is when one of those emails fails due to a bounced email address.  In this case, it seems none of the emails got sent (at least no activities exist on any of the records).

Anyone have an idea how to force the other's to be sent and only fail on the actual invalid email record?

1.  Since salesforce is combining the field updates into a batch, fix must be batch aware.  So I can't call "SendEmail" once for each email since governor limit restricts at 10 and we have ~100 being sent.

2.  Instead of using Apex, call out to an external webservice and generate emails there?  I would prefer not to go this route (been forced to on few other issues), but it is an option.

3.  ?

Basic code (simplified for example) is as follows - From a trigger, identify the list of contacts to be emailed and call method passing list of contacts.

public static void GenerateEmails(List<Contact> listContacts){

System.debug('********** SalesforceEmailIssue *****************');

System.debug('# of contacts:  ' + listContacts.size());

List<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage> listMessages = new List<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage>();

// Build list of messages

for(Contact c : listContacts){

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

mail.setSaveAsActivity  (true);

mail.setHtmlBody('Test');

mail.setSubject('Test');

mail.setTargetObjectId  (c.Id);

listMessages.add(mail);

}           

// Send emails

try{

Messaging.sendEmail(listMessages);

}

catch(Exception ex){

System.debug('Exception occured: ' + ex);